Monday, March 13, 2006

The World Has Gone Crazy

Right, imagine:

You’re 3 years old and you’re at Nursery school. The teacher makes you and your friend’s sit on the floor for song time. Nursery rhymes and the one we’re going to sing is, Ba, ba Black sheep: All together now!

BA BA BLACK SHEEP
HAVE YOU ANY WOOL?
YES SIR, YES SIR, THREE BAGS FULL,
ONE FOR THE MASTER AND
ONE FOR THE MAID
AND ONE FOR THE LITTLE BOY WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE

Beautiful! Well done everyone! Well, that’s what would have been said a few years ago but now in the 21st century in this mad, mad world, children can’t sing that anymore. It’s apparently politically incorrect, it discriminates ethnic minorities. So now in Nursery Schools across the country they sing something different, by changing one particular word:

BA BA RAINBOW SHEEP

Or

BA BA BLUE SHEEP

Or

BA BA HAPPY SHEEP


FUCK! (No they don’t sing that!) But I do! What the fuck is going on?! I mean fuck, fuck, fuck, FFFUUUCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

Ok, back to today. We had a lovely lunch in the Coach and Horse’s in Buckland Brewer then back home for nap and then painting. And here are the results of today’s work in oil, acrylic and sand:





Comments please! Critics please!!!!

Apart from that all’s well, I don’t seem to be ill, I find it odd, I feel odd!

That’s all, longer blogs soon, it’s late and I’m tired and my arm aches from painting.

Goodnight all,

Emy xxxx

1 comment:

tuckmac said...

Okay... First... Artistic comment.

I'm really JAZZING on the texture that the sand adds. The patch-work look of the bottom pic is really rich.

About the "Black-sheep" thing... I'm with you there...

What the FUCK?

I wonder what they're singing in the States. We also have that particular nursery rhyme. I'm sincerely hoping that we aren't getting that silly over here... We don't "tend" to though. And in defence of Britain... Most of that crap is a spill-over from Europe. The P-C police in France and Germany have done a LOT of damage... You know... There's a big problem in Scotland right now, due to "Place Names" like Black-head and stuff like that. They're being forced to change the town's name because of the bloody E.U.

I'm assuming, because Brits generally are NOT silly people, that the "Blacksheep" thing is from the mainland European morons, and NOT because of a Brit.

Gah!

- T