Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Finally, A Good Pub & A Good Sunset


Well another day has passed. Where does all the time go?

More pictures for today of glorious Devon in hazy sunshine. I’m sure you can recognise the cottage now, surrounded by the fields. I took my dad on my walk today, showed him the extensive rabbit warren and the badger set, where I left them some more nuts! If the farmer ever found out I’d be in SO much trouble, it’s not good to encourage these animals because of the WHOLE TB thing, which is complete rubbish, I don’t believe for one moment that badgers cause TB in cattle, just because the badgers are there, they get the blame! And I’m sure the farmers are looking forward to ‘gassing the vermin!’



Also a beautiful sunset with my Scots Pine in the foreground. Last night, it was the full moon, earlier the setting sun. Pines are ‘made’ for these occasions!



We finally managed to get to the Duke of York, Iddesleigh tonight, that’s the pub pictures, its just won ‘Best Pub of 2006’ in the WHOLE country, so we’re very lucky to have it on our doorstep, well, 15 minutes drive along country lanes. On the way back in the dark we met a rabbit, so sweet.






And someone had drawn a little sheep in chalk on the dart board chalk board!

Now the cottage is grooving to the music of a DVD, which I bought for my mum, ‘Jethro Tull Live at the Isle of Wight’ in the late 60s. Good stuff.

Ok, last few days here, more paintings to be done before I go and of course I’ll put them on here when they’re done, I’m still exploring the sand and the oil.

Emy xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa,

I'm in Devon until next tuesday and finally (!) snow is predicted tomorrow so the pictures will be nice and white, if not, then more pictures of paintings will be coming just for you (and Tucker I suppose! :)) Thanks for checking my blog, you too are on my book mark list!
Are you on msn? We must somehow get Tuck as a go between for email swop, what do u think?

Emy xx