Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Film and Excitement

Short film 30 secs Jiving with Phil and Ali

Hey guys,

Ok so putfile.com is a waste of space, even downloading the new windows media player for Mac OSX didn't work, so that link to the right is due to go. So now I've tried Youtube which seems better, for now anyway.

So first short 30 second film is the Jiving master Phil Evans and his lovely dancing partner Ali, dancing away in KIAD Uni Bar (oh how much I miss it. . .kind of). It was sometime last year, in the summer. I have about 6 other films to show you, some including some of the people who read this, you know who you are! And you'll be surprised! Yes, I was there, with my camera filming you unaware, so please, PLEASE, if you don't like it on site for the world to see then I'll get rid of it. . .but having seen the crap people put on 'youtube', you lot have nothing to worry about!

Ok, today, rain/shine, usual weather. I now have an offical page for my artwork on londonart.co.uk, look up Artist Index then there's me (Emily Clark) under "Newly selected artists - March", how exciting is that?! And look at the prices, I was modest to start off with but then they emailed me and said they should be higher and they put them up!!!!

I received the latest edition of A N Magazine for artists and am applying to three opportunities, one is to work in a school for a month with art students, one is a years residency year at the London Print Works and the other is an exhibition in Exeter, Devon. So applications will be ready and sent off on Monday. Phew, so much at once!

On that note, I'm off. Actually, last thing, a funny link. The ironical thing about it is that prior to stumbling across it, I had that particular tune in my head all day yesterday:

You Hit Me, Babe

Perhaps more later. . .

Emy xxx

3 comments:

tuckmac said...

Hey Em...

So... The "You Tube" link doesn't do anything... And you're right... The Putfile thing isn't working...

But then I started to wonder. How big are the files that you're uploading?

You do realise that you have to SERIOUSLY compress the fuggers to get them to stream on the web right? You see... What it looks like is happening on Putfile, is that the Window's Media Player loads up just fine.... And then nothing happens... Right? Well... What that could be, is that your file is SO HUGE that it just takes 24 hours to load, even with broadband.

I could be wrong... Your vids could already be compressed to 480 dpi and 10 frames a second, or something, and it's still not working, but... Then... I also had to ask.

Smiles,
Tucker

tuckmac said...

Oh... And congrats on the "London Art Page" thinggy!

-- T

Unknown said...

Ok yes the 'youtube' link doesn't work, but the one on the top does 'Jiving with Phil and Ali' and that's from 'youtube'. If it's any help then the avi file for that one is 3.8mb on disc, I don't know what that means, I'm sure you do!

mmm, I hope Londonart will be good, only time will tell.

Emy x