Sunday, March 26, 2006

Forgive me, please. . .

Hey guys, I'm sorry, I HAVE to do this.

When I first saw this short 5 minute video I could only watch 2 minutes of it. It is probably the most horrifying film I have ever seen. But it's important. This doesn't go on in this country, well, not that I know of, but it is still very close to home and it's why I don't eat beef. So if you have a fast speed broadband and a very strong stomach and if you're fearless to the worst kinds of animal cruelty and if you care deeply then this is for you:

PETA undercover:
Sacred and federal laws violated at
IOWA SLAUGHTERHOUSE

I love cows. I haven't eaten beef now for 14 years and I'll continue indefinietly. They are the most beautiful, loving, loyal, noble creatures I have ever known. No animal deserves this. This is savagery, its worst kind. God help them.

I donated £10, not much, but then I have no money. To read the slaughterhouse savagery and not to watch the video click here

Don't worry guys. I'm not always going to have this on my blog. It's just through this, I feel I have a voice. Bare it in mind.

Love and all that

Emy xxx

2 comments:

tuckmac said...

Well.

Well.

Um.

Okay, that was one of the more disturbing things I've ever seen.

I'm really glad I don't eat beef. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be able to do so, if I WERE still eating meat, and had watched that video.

Gah.

You know... I don't have a problem with people eating meat. I honestly don't. I didn't quit eating meat because I'm into "animal rights" or anything... I just don't like meat. However... If we're going to raise them, to eat them... Fine. Humans have been doing that for 1,000's of years. But.

But.

Couldn't we come up with a system for slaughter, that DOESN'T involve horrible treatment?

I mean... I always thought they just shot a "bullet-type" thing into their brains. What's with the ripping out the throat, and allowing them to suffer thing?

Jesus.

Yeah... Um, Em... Please don't put these up again, not for a while, anyway... I'm just too freaked.

Gah.

well... Good to see, I suppose.

-- Tucker

Unknown said...

Hey T,

You didn't have to watch the film, I gave everyone the option not to. But I'm glad you did, even if you don't eat meat, I'm sure you have a range of meat eating friends who you could show this film to, they're the culprits.

As far as I am aware the slaughterhouses in this country use stunner guns but then that does not always stun the animals, sometimes they miss. And sometimes as you see from the film it's quicker and less time consuming to let them suffer.

No, I won't have this on my blog always. Maybe once a month, but I'll always give you the other option of reading the article instead.

Sorry to have freaked you out.

Emy xxx