Thursday, March 30, 2006

Film Links in Blue. . .Go Click!

Ok my faithful readers, more films, as promised:

Short 30 sec film Fi singing 'Nothing Compares 2 U', Last Open Mike Night, KIAD bar, 2005

Short 30 sec film Tucker singing 'Blackbird' Last ever performance, Last Open Mike Night, KIAD bar, 2005

Note: Both films are very dark and short, but they are what they are!

That's all so sad, I've just been doing my online CV and writing about KIAD, the MA, the town, the people, my friends, who I miss so much, who are now in different corners of the world and I feel a little emotional. I should dig out some MA photos sometime to put on this. Sometime. The two films above a rather blurred and dark, but the sound is good, do remember they were only filmed by a little Casio digital camera in the dark and crowd noise of the Uni bar. I have been invited back to KIAD, a fundraising event for the current MA's in May but I think I'd might be in Devon then, I'll see.

Well the painters and decorators are well and truely working away at our windows, on scaffolding and cherry pickers, and most of them are Russian, so I keep getting woken up every morning by them talking outside my bedroom window and it's a nice language to listen too, I always thought it would be quite rough, but it's very calm and gentle. So all the windows are open and it just has to be a windy day and I'm getting blown around the room!

This is my last post until Sunday as I'm seeing my good friend Mary at her Uni,Royal Holloway.
This is her second degree and she's in her last year. Think about it shes now been at Uni 7 years of her life and one more to go when she takes her PGCE teaching training in London, beginining September this year. I've known her since first year at Secondary School, it's getting on for 15 years and we've been best friends for 12 of those (yeah, first few years we argued a lot, but then I think most teenagers go through that, right?). Shes been with me every step of the way through Art College, coming to see me at Winchester when I was doing my BA and Canterbury on the MA. We get on like a house on fire. Funny though, not so long ago, I fell out with her, all of 10 mins, I even deleted her from my phone! Then she txted me and we laughed, so much! I think we're friends because we hold an important thing in common, we're both only children and so appreciate our folks and spend more time with them then most children and plus we're both mad. A match made in heaven! Moving along. . .shes just handed in an important essay and it's the end of term so Mary is keen to get very, very drunk with me so I'm going to feel so ill when I come back on Sunday! A night at her Student Union is planned and a trip into Winsor (where I've never been) because her campus is in Egham, Surrey, close to Winsor Great Park. I wonder where the Queen is? The last I heard was she was opening the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, I haven't seen her since. If she's at Winsor Castle then the flag would be flying, I'll let you know. So expect LOADS of drunken pictures to come and stunning ones of Royal Holloway itself, one of the finest Victorian Gothic buildings I've ever seen, opened by Queen Victoria in the 19th Century as the first University/college for women, it has two rather fine quads. Splendid.

Before I go yesterday I was looking through other peoples films on 'youtube' and I found this one, which I think is great:

Real Life Simpsons

Ok, I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll see if I can post on Sunday without throwing up! Oh Mary, you do have a lot to answer for!!!!

Emy the mad xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxx xx x

2 comments:

tuckmac said...

Gah...

Um... Thanks, I think.

Have fun with your friend!

-- Tucker

Unknown said...

Ok, I didn't say they were the best films! But there they are!!!!!

Yes, thanks, I will have fun with Mary. . .blimey, I'm going to be so hungover on Sunday!

Emy x