Monday, March 06, 2006

Lovely Day Spent Walking. . .

Six Scots Pine

me (oh dear)

mackerel Sky (all change)

Dartmoor (no snow left)

Cottage from the field

View of Dunsbeare

Badger Set, Loss of life (nasty sight, sorry), Boots and View of Cottage





Hello there. I’m a very happy bunny today, even though I think I’m coming down with my Dad’s cold. I think I’ve made a decision of a lifetime. It stemmed from talking to my yank friend Tucker last night on msn. He doesn’t understand my love for the country, he feels, as I was born and bred in London then I should be a city chick, but, no, I’m not and today proved it., I’m a country lass!

I took myself off for another long walk across the fields and felt a sense of release. All alone in vast empty space, but not entirely alone. The air was filled with sounds: sheep bleating, birds singing, the wind in the trees, they were my company! I’ve always been a loner, probably because of being an only child, but, then, you may say because of that I should seek out human company more often, well, I don’t, I like being with me, not because I love myself (which I don’t) but because I enjoy my own company and especially walking across the fields, all the animals, the land, the sky, the sun, become my friends! Sounds silly, and I’m sure I’ll have a barrage of comments from people saying how weird I am! Of course, I totally understand you all, no hard feelings.

So the pictures are what I encountered on my walk. A dead fox, well, I saw that last time, poor thing, I hate that, an unnecessary loss of life, that’s the one thing I hate about the country, that’s why I need my own land to protect them. Boots, well boots are a necessary need for the country, if not then your best shoes are ruined!!!!! The cottage from the field, the Scots Pine and me looking stupid as always, well, it was intended! Dunsbeare view and the mackerel sky signifying all change, rain tomorrow. I heard my first Skylark, came across ‘Fiver’’ from Watership Down in the hedgerow and revisited the Badger Set to see if they had eaten my nuts I had left them yesterday, yes they had!!!! Scoffed the lot! It also seemed to have given them more energy to dig more of their set. Happy now. Dartmoor and then the beautiful sunset from the bathroom window. Perfect.

Ok, not much else to add, only that there will probably be no photos tomorrow because of the weather. Though I do love Devon in the rain, so dramatic and mysterious! So I can paint or read by the wood burner in the sitting room. Oh I do love it here, does it show?

Not much happening in the news, Tessa Jowel, blah, blah, blah. They’ve found £11 million so far from the raid in Kent, old news. Not much else, all rather drab.

So I’ll end it there, note the paragraphs getting shorter!

Lots of love and fun and. . .rain (sun, please come back!)

Emy xxx

Sunset from Bathroom Window

No comments: