Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The SUN IS SHINING!!!! Happy faces All Round

Buttercups in the garden




Anyone who knew me on the MA at KIAD should recognise these trees!


Beautiful view of green and lit up fields, cottage to the right


Wow, the sun is out! Though it's a little windy and cold too, but least it's dry!

We went to see our friends at Dunsbeare the other night for a Chinese take away. My Mum and I had a little too much to drink! My Mum was very funny and kept saying, 'Well least I'm a happy drunk!' while she stumbled around the farm causing much laughter. Me? Well I just had major hichups after comsuming lots of wine and then Baileys for after! It was a good night and we got to bed at 2am! And then, oh horrors of horrors, the next morning my Dad wakes up with a sore throat, so it'll be a repeat performance of last time in Devon, where he stays in bed with a temperature and Mum and I do the shopping and the daily chores. I mean, bloody typical and plus the fact that the weather is getting better as well!

Last night I went for a walk across the fields with my camera and took pictures of the amazing sunset which I shall upload onto here tomorrow, as I have a few pictures to put on now to catch up. Flippin dial up connection, it's the bane of my life! Oh and by the way the camera for todays blog is my FANTASTIC Cannon EO5, 300D Digital, the best camera I have EVER bought!

Herb Robert (very good year for them!)

Ragged Robin (Living up to its name!)


Tonight we're going out for an Indian with our friend David (whose family as gone to London for a few days for shopping and has left him all alone!). I never associate Indian meals with Devon, that's more a London thing. We've never had a Indian in all these 14 years, 23 if you count the years we stayed at the farm before the cottage, so it's going to be interesting! And will we still be alive tomorrow? I'll keep you posted!

Red Campion (getting a little ragged now!)

Wild Geranium

I'm still painting hard, not today though, as I'm very tired and also I want to enjoy the sun and go for another walk. It's all excitement on tv with Bill Odie and Springwatch, (click on the blue) on a farm up the road near Hatherleigh. It started last night and it's really good, I expect ALL of my British readers to watch it, BBC2 8pm Mon-Thurs for the next three weeks. It's a lovely Organic Farm called Fishleigh where they have cameras in nest boxes. . . the stars this time are 2 nests of blue tits, Jackdaws, Great tits and of course the badgers, plus a pair of Red Kites somewhere up North and Simon King is in Shetland with the Common Seals and the otters. I'm sure more will be introduced tonight (someone remind me to record it!).

Wild Geranium

Germander Speedwell

White Aubrieta

Mmmmmm, right, that was a LOW fighter jet! I have wondered where the RAF had got to this time (there goes another one!) and they are usually out in this dry, sunny weather! Low, loud and exciting! That and the Hercules are well. I don't like Hot Air Balloons or those mini powered hand glider things, they are more obtrusive then the whole RAF put together!!!!

On that note I'm away to the fields! Lots of love to everyone!

Emy xxx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,

Good to know it FINALLY stops raining over there, shame that the same cannot be said here in Manchester!! Only just caught the last few minutes of the "Springwatch" last night and it looks good. Will definitely watch it, esp. when *Kate Humble* is in it as well!!

Oh s***, might need to record Springwatch for later viewing as England will be playing tonight too. Well, nothing beats the football - not even *Kate*!! :)