Tuesday, May 09, 2006

100th Post (Uncork The Champagne!)

Evening all, on a lovely sunny evening (yet it's 2 degree's warmer in Devon), the birds are singing and the sun is slowly going down, I'm sure if I was by the sea the sunset would be fantastic! But I'm not, I'm in South London but luckily on the heath there are spectacular skies in the evening, like this one I took last night:

Followed by two pictures of the towers at Docklands:

Without flash

With flash

My Dad and I are worried. Even though my Mum is coming later by train to Devon, thus giving us extra room in the back, we still think there won't be enough. Picture this:

2 Scots Pine Trees in pots, say 50cm tall
8 Scots Pine Trees in pots, say 20cm tall
3 Canvases one and a half metres long and one metre down
3 Canvases a metre across and half down
1 cage containing a mouse plus bedding/food/wood shavings etc
5 bags of clothes (rough estimate)
1 small suitcase on wheels
1 bag of presents possibly 2
1 bag of paint (oil)
2 cases of cds
1 Bose sound system for ipod
plus a few other items like coats, shoes etc
1 Father
1 Daughter

All to be fitted in 5 door hatchback, Honda Civic coloured blue (the colour isn't really the issue but I'd thought I'd put in for good measure) 1.6 engine (good for over taking lorries on the motorways.

5 hour journey.

M25/M3/A303/M5/Link road to South Molton/A386 to Merton (2 stop offs)

Interesting! We were considering hiring a van but then it occurred to us that once all that's in to a large van there's going to be a large amount of space left for £175.

Nevermind.

Whatever it'll be, shall be.

Now, new picture of Gola:

Gola in her jam jar

Her new home

She's still frightened of us. She has a jam jar, straw house and now a straw tunnel which she loves and has already pulled all of her bedding into it. She has a tendency for almonds, walnuts and cornflakes. She's very healthy, has a shiny, glowing coat, large, wide, clear eyes and long whiskers. I just wish she could be tamer, I do try. I speak to her all the time and make no sudden movements. 'Sigh'.

You may have noticed another small thing added to my side bar to the right, my own virtual pet, named after a Hare I once knew and called 'Summertime', Ok, so Hares are nothing like rabbits, but it's the closest I could get. If you click on her, she'll jump around and if you click on 'more' you can feed her a carrot. Just drag the carrot with your mouse to her mouth and she'll munch it down. Juvenile, yes, to have such a thing on a 'grown-up' blog (don't kid yourself Emy. . .) but a fun thing too - as all child- like things are fun! (You said it Emy!)

Now I must go to write a birthday card, which I'll post tonight on yet another walk, and also I need to go and tell my Dad to stop playing the piano - he's good, don't get me wrong - but he always makes up the most depressing of tunes!

Emy xxxxxxx

No comments: