Friday, May 12, 2006

Sun, Dust and Foxes

There's been a state of absolute madness in this country recently, all to do with council workers giving fines left right and centre to people dropping 'litter'. £75 on the spot for a woman who threw a wotsit (a crisp) out of her car window, a 16 year old girl leaving her ice lolly stick on the wall and an old couple throwing seeds for birds on the pavements! Disgusting, what is the world coming too? I've seen some real horrendous behaviour the last few weeks from people and they've got away with it, yet the innocents mentioned above are now out of pocket!

Today, again, has been hot and lovely. I finished my book outside in the sun and then cleaned my room and sitting room. We have friends coming round for lunch on Sunday and as per usual my mum treats it as if the Queen is coming round, everything and I mean everything has to be spotless and on such a warm day we were all sweating like pigs! Even if our friends will only stay downstairs for the duration, the whole house has to be gleaming. Since living in a Victorian house I always thought that nothing could be as dusty as that, but OH NO I WAS WRONG!!!!! This house collects dust to such an extent that from the moment it's spanking clean, the dust comes back with full force. So we have to do it all again tomorrow for perfection! I need a massage (I got a drink) now I need comfort through a massage and I have no man in my life to do it. Upsetting. No, I won't linger on that. . Not tonight anyway.

So 5 days to go till Devon. Hurry up, for godsake! I haven't been able to sleep, paintings upon paintings have been whizzing through my head at brake neck speeds. I need to sleep!

So another walk with my Dad tonight, through 'fox' capital. We're going a different route and last year we counted up to 12 foxes grazing on someone'ss lawn! And they're so cocky, sometimes they walk right up to you, a metere away and suddenly they disappear into the drives of the (rather posh and expensive) houses. And every time we walk up that road 'Blackheath Park' my Dad and I chose which house we'd like to live in best, because they're that fantastic! What real dream homes are made of. Sigh.

Emy xxx

No comments: