Thursday, June 01, 2006

Absent Blogging. . . Sorry!

Yes, hello, after some time, well, only a matter of days. . .

Well the weather is great, and it's about to get hotter. I gardened for most of the day in a pink, strappy top and even managed to get burnt (luckily for me my redness turns to a brown) and really, it's only 20C, but enough to burn me! It's even expected to get to 25c next week! And we'll definitely make the most of it as it's our last week in the West. . . Not fair, another month of London before we're back, of course my Mum is happy, she hates this place!

The painting stopped a few days ago, I think after a week of wet weather, I wanted to enjoy the sun but then it dawned on me tonight when I was in the studio doing some Birthday cards for my Mum (her Birthday is tomorrow) that after a hot day, in early evening the studio is warm so I could start work then (and anyway I am a night owl and I do work better at night). So that's what I'm going to do, well, not tomorrow night as I'll be getting drunk with my folks (Dad's cooking and we always polish off at least 4 bottles of wine, not to mention Champagne and Desert Wine, oh and a 'snifter' of whiskey afterwards), so I'll be drunk and in charge of a paint brush (I don't see it working out somehow, I have painted when I'm drunk and sometimes it has been fine and others? Not on your life!) and not Saturday either as I'll have a MASSIVE hangover and would rather sit in the garden and read! So Sunday!

Oh and by the way, we're all still alive! The Indian was great and we'll definitely be going back there for either a meal or a take away. We were the only ones in the small resturant upstairs and so we were personally waited on by the manager who was very sweet. As usual we order far too much and he told us that if we could finish it all he'd give us free drinks afterwards. Well we did and he did too! He kept saying that if we ever came back he would remember our faces and he was so happy he had met us. He spoke for ages about his life, family and how he came to be in Okehamptom and was very interested about us. He even thought I was 18! Erm, 8 years more mate! But hey! It was no smoking and he smoked, so he showed me where I could smoke, on the fire escape and on my last smoke he was with me too. We chatted about London and how I became to be an artist and we chatted about the moon and how beautiful it looked when it was full. He told me he only ever got 4 hours sleep at night because after he closed up shop he would go for a long starlit drive! I said that I didn't blame him! When we were going he led us down the stairs, shook my Dad's and our friend David's hand and kissed myself and my Mum on the cheek! So sweet, wow, we've made an Indian friend in Devon and it's about bloody time too!

So photographs. I think I've taken over 200 the last few days, the skies and the light has been fantastic. These pictures were taken on the first night of a clear, blue, perfect sunset. More will come over the next view days and I'll be there, ready, waiting with my camera! Same camera as last time, the Cannon. Enjoy!

Old Chapel Cottage


Scots Pine (don't they look amazing?)

Sunset and cottage to right, can you see it?

Corn or Wheat (anyone know?)

Oh wow. . .

Gone. . .

Directly Opposite. . . Dartmoor

And before I go, the stars. . . My word have they been spectacular! Full Milky Way, thousands upon millions of stars filling the WHOLE sky. . . I wish I had a camera to capture them!


Lots of love,

Emy xxxx

No comments: