Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sun Sun Sun Sun Sun Sun Sun. . .Sunny days!

Interesting thing here, tomorrow night, Thursday will see us hit precisely and something that hasn't happen in a hundred years: 01.02.03.04.05.06 - where the time will be: 01:02:03 on the date of 04/05/06. This hasn't been seen since 0.0.0.0.0.0 at midnight of the new millennium.
The next time this happens will be in another 72 years , 12.34 on June 5, 2078, it will be
12345678 - or 12:34 on 5/6/78. Cool, aye?

Yesterday I felt so elated, not only for selling a painting but from seeing my first Swift - the summer is coming - these birds have just travelled hundreds of miles from Africa to get here and to spend the summer with us, soon to be joined by the Swallow and the House Martin (click on the blue to read about them). Plus I also heard for the first time this year, another summer bird song, a Chiffchaff. (don't forget to scroll down the pages of all of these birds and click on the audio/video to hear/see them, on the left.)

I went with my mum today clothes shopping. And what a lovely, warm day it has been, the first time I haven't needed a coat this year. All of the shops are full of skirts and dresses and I bought a few cool things to wear. Another hot day tomorrow, but unfortunately we won't be able to see it much as it's our monthly trip to Bluewater (you know, that LARGE shopping centre in Kent) as I have to buy Birthday presents for two very special people, my Mum and Dad. My Dad's Birthday is 22nd May and my Mum's 2nd June and both will be spent in Devon. Ah, yes, Devon, not long to go now and I can't wait! And I don't care if it rains, I need to paint!

Oh well, I'll leave you with a photograph of the Scots Pine trees in Devon:

This is what the fields will look like in a few weeks time

I love you all and I hope all of you from the UK are enjoying the 'mini heatwave', make the most of it as we're apparently going to have an almighty thunderstorm on Friday and rain for the weekend. Don't you just HATE party poopers?! (Yes, I do!)

Emy xxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now whats really scary is my birthday this year is 06/06/06.....................