Monday, May 15, 2006

2 Days To Go Until Devon. . . Yay!

Hello everybody!

Here's some pictures to catch up upon:

Full Moon over Blackheath (friday night)


Moon over All Saints Church, Blackheath

Moon Over the Clarendon Hotel, Blackheath


First Damsel Fly by the pond


Bugule (wild flower)

Herb Robert (can come in pink too and is a wild flower)

Yellow Wall Flower

Ragged Robin (wild flower)

Borage (wild flower)

Tumberling Jenny

Scabious (Wild flower)

We had a busy weekend, first spring cleaning on Saturday and then friends over for lunch yesterday, but that's not what I'm going to talk about.

We've come to a decision about Gola. On friday night I couldn't sleep and Gola was very busy in her cage. So I crept over and stood by the cage for half n'hour and watched her. The poor thing was hanging on her cage trying, desprately to nibble her way out to freedom. All along each side and top of the metal bars have been nibbled. I watched somewhat distressed as she tried to squeeze her way through the tiny gaps. Then she had some water, some food, a five minute break then again she went back to work. When afterwards I went back into bed I devised a plan. Gola must go, we must set her free back into the garden. It's not fair on her and now she's fit and well we're keeping her against her will. All very well for animals born in captivity, but for an animal born in the wild, this is not right. So today my Dad and I went to B&Q (Big DIY chain) and bought a long piece of plastic drain pipe which we have laid against the fence in the garden and built her a brickhouse with upturned flowerpot and holes cut into the plastic, so if she's ever confronted with those nasty cats again, she has somewhere to safely be. We're going to release her in an hour. Of course I'll miss her, but I'd rather she had weeks or hopefully years of freedom in front of her. Bye bye Gola, take care, keep safe and the best of luck.

That's all folks.

Emy xxx

No comments: