Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I SOLD A PAINTING (She shouts from the roof tops!)

Happy evening to you all (my faithful readers!)

Today has been a day of memories. Whilest sorting out my endless video camera tapes I came across some footage (about 45 mins worth) of the last days on the MA at Canterbury. Our exam day and the night before. In which I captured everyone's mood of relief that it was all over. I even, (MA friends make note) filmed the last 'sightings' of our internal examiners, Judith Rugg and Ali 'what'shisface', not to mention our course leader Richard Davis. Last year when the summer was hot and the Cedar on the green looked stunning. All my friends, either chatting, laughing, putting together the degree show postcard books in the student union, making work or generally messing around, it brought back so much and I felt pretty sad afterwards. Where are you all now?

Also my dad and I spent the day in the garage, unwrapping old paintings of mine, some I hadn't seen for years, like seeing old friends. We were doing it because my mum's best friend was coming with the intension of buying a painting of mine (which she did) but not the one's we had unwrapped! Always the way! So yeah, I sold a painting today. It feels good after so long!

Apart from that, not much else, so:

I did this on photoshop. Frustrated I have no room to paint, so I had to do this!
I'm sure some of you may recognize this cat, she has featured in older posts. My name for her is 'Young Lady' or 'Grey Leopard', but I found out today her real name is 'Annabell'.

Love to everyone and check out my new blog OPENSTUDIO-UK for new paintings (well, old old paintings, but no-one has seen them before. . .)

Em x

No comments: