Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Chance Surprise in the Field and Lots of Rain

Well, it's nicely raining and is meant to get colder as the days progress. Actually just typical Devon weather. No surprises there then!

The journey was good although a small hold up on the M25, as always an accident. I drove the last 80 miles or so, with out packed to the gunnels car, I mean seriously, the car was stuffed! it took us an hour to pack it! When we arrived we were greeted with an over grown garden. Green, lush, basically a jungle! The hedgerows are amazing. So many wild flowers and grasses. Last night (in between showers) I went for my usual walk across the fields (there are no cows in the field, my reliable source proved unreliable!). I was walking in a field of clover and just as a laugh I looked down and tried to find a four-leaf clover, AND OH MY GOD I FOUND ONE!!!!!! I thought it was a myth, I've never believed for one minute that they actually exist, probably because I'm the least likely person to find one because I've never been very lucky. And instead of shouting out loud "YYYEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" I shouted out (believe me no-one can hear me) "NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!" and fell on my hands and knees in the wet grass desprately trying to find another one - not because I wanted to prolong the luck - but because I couldn't believe it and thought there must be some mistake! So now my four-leaf clover is proudly mounted under sicky back plastic for all to see! Wow!

Four leaf clover. . . it's a miracle!

Since yesterday I've seen a rabbit, hare and bank vole! As I said before the wild flowers are abundand and here's some pictures ( a couple of hundred!) of them and the surrounding area. I stood in the yard yesterday, closed my eyes for a few seconds and opened up to the most beautiful place on earth and it's all mine (Well, some of it!)

Bluebell


Dandelion (after the yellow flower. . .blow the seeds and tell the time!)

The last of the Tulips

Cow Parsely

Red Campion

Old Chapel Cottage

The chapel beyond a field of corn

My shadow, the cottage and a friendly pheasant

The cottage and myself (!)

My beloved Scots Pine

Ditto (!)

The view of the cottage from the four-leaf clover field

The last of the sun last night before it rained (again!)

Emy xxx

P.S. Paul and Heather to split?! Like the world I'm not the least surprised! And she to get £200 million of his fortune?! That's his own bloody fault for marrying a woman like that in the first place!!!!!! I'm not saying anymore. . . As yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that IS lucky! Ive never found one either.
Looks lovely and peaceful out there, I do miss the countryside....

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to find a four-leaf clover, never happened to me before... :|
Nice cottage with a beautiful scenery, now I wish I was there instead of working in the lab. Do you own that cottage or just renting it? Well, enjoy the country life and catch up with you later!! :)

Unknown said...

We own the cottage, we've had it for 14 years this Christmas and whenever we have time for a holiday, (my folks and myself. . .yes I still live at home & am happy there) we ALWAYS go there, so I haven't been abroad for 14 years and I don't want to, why go abroad when you have beauty in your own country? (regardless of the weather), yes, it's STILL raining.

But I saw my first swallow today of the year and still wonder why they leave 'hot' Africa to come to cold/wet/windy Britain for the Summer?! Strange.