Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Thousand Photographs (Well 21!)

I love this place


Hello all, sorry it has been a few days, I've been too busy enjoying myself! Though I haven't yet started painting, I'm working up to it, it always takes me about a week to settle in and take in the atmosphere, but as the weather has been so bad, it's been harder this time (Excuse? Maybe).

So I have a lot to catch up on and by the way, thanks for all the comments, it may seem I'm ignoring all of you but as I only have dial up here it's a lot harder to keep in contact! (Excuse? Not at all!!!!)

So enough of that, here's a MAJOR photo archive of the last few days. It was my Dad's Birthday yesterday and he was very happy with all the presents he received, not to mention the Blair Athol Whiskey, I've never seen my Dad so unsuspecting, shocked, amazed and happy before so that was a real boost to me, as he's been down of late. Of course the whiskey was opened after 3 bottles of wine and yes, we all passed out after that! A little bit of a hangover today, but nothing a nice comfortable bed and good book couldn't fix!

Yes there it is, a perfect example of a 12 year old Highland Whiskey. Beautiful.

Anyway, photographs:

The same field where I found the four-leaf clover and of course I tried to find another and of course I didn't find one! It was a pure fluke!

Look closely at this buttercup, underneath can you see the hair?

I had just seen two fighting fox cubs less then 10 feet from me, of course I'm going to look like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One glorious sunset of last night (it gets better!)

This picture is on my wallpaper for my desktop!

I love the golden light on the siver metal of the gate

And the light on the Hawthorn

Now you don't see sunsets like that in London!

Wow!

Look at the colours, what a painting!

Golden

The lilac by the wood shed (today)

Old Chapel Cottage

The same

Today, notice the rain clouds!

I think it's wheat in the field

A few hours ago, walking up the top with my Dad


Dartmoor in the distance between two Scots Pine

The grey cloud which poured over us! (typical)


Well, that's all for this evening!

Emy xxx




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Nice sunset! I do miss the countryside and my parents house (which is a jungle inside), wish I had space for more plants at my flat but alas only the one and his name is henry,

Anonymous said...

Emily, those photos look ace!! I really like that one shows the whole field (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/822/2244/1600/todayclouds.jpg). Any chance of me having that one in a larger resolution, as it would look really good as my desktop wallpaper...? :)

In the process of setting up my own blog now and will let you know when it's done!!

Unknown said...

Abi. . . I think you and I are the only ones who name our plants!

Andy. . .Yes, I will send you that picture but you have to tell me how high a resolution to send it and I also need your email. I'm glad you're starting a blog and it's about time too!!! :)

Lisa. . . That's funny, blue is my fav colour to and green. I'm afraid that is the only way to turn the spam off. I'm about to turn mine back to normal to see if I've got rid of the gits!

Emy x

Anonymous said...

Im glad someone else names them too! Im sure there must be more people that do...anyone???

Anonymous said...

hey emily, sorry for the late reply, was away and just got back today. could i have the photo in '1280x1024' resolution cos i got a big 19' monitor!! :) my email is "andy [DOT] tseng [AT] hotmail [DOT] com" (sorry for leaving it in this strange format, trying to aviod being collected for spam emails...)
my blog is now up and running, albeit not much on it YET!! it's at "http://130.88.157.233/andy/". will try to bind it with my domain name later. please feel free to add the comments whenever you drop by!! :)