Monday, April 17, 2006

Spring Flowers and a Happy Sunny Day

Not sure what this is called, only good with 'wild flowers'

Lessor Speedwell

Again, haven't a clue!

Forsythia

Cowslips

Hey everyone!

A lovely sunny, warm day, real spring at last and spring photographs today taken in the back garden and over on the heath.

Yesterday was great, we had a nice Easter feast in the evening with lots of wine consumed! So I have been feeling a little fragile today but not too fragile to go on the Big Wheel or Ferris Wheel at the fair. . .pictures of that and a small film tomorrow. I aslo bumped into Henry, a very good friend of mine, who I haven't seen for a long time. .. but he didn't recognise me, which was a good thing because he would have followed us home! Henry is no human, though I think he would like to be, he's a cat and a very lovely one. I stroked him down a few times and then walked quickly away. He used to live next door to us and would come inside and see us everyday. Or he would meow outside in the evenings outside my window to be let in and spend the whole night on my bed. He was almost ours and he could have been. His owners didn't want him and offered him to us, but as we go back and forth to Devon so much it wouldn't have been fair on him, so he was given to some other people. Henry at first was having none of it, he was frightened of them and would keep coming back to us. Then it all turned sour, his 'new' owners didn't get on with us and we would constantly argue over him. Then they moved away, taking Henry with them. I'll never forget that day he left, I picked him up in my arms and hugged him and told him to be good and that I loved him, his fur got wet with my tears. They only moved half a mile away and in the beginning Henry worked that out and would come back. He would suddenly be in the garden meowing. But they always came to take him back. The last time I saw him was walking past their house last July, he was sitting in the kitchen. I really miss him and now I've seen him. I'm glad he is ok. One day I'll be naughty and pick him up, but only when I'm by myself and I do secretly want him to follow me home. He belongs with me.

Opps, sorry, I didn't mean to get into that because I know some of my readers don't like cats much. Well, I don't like all cats either. Just a certain few.

Flowering Red Currant

The most beautiful blossom ever (Pear?)

New buds on a Lime tree

Budding Chessnut Trees

Well the sun is shining on me now and I feel all warm and happy. Mozart is singing (our resident Blackbird and his Mrs) who unfortunately are building their nest in the Honeysuckle in the scaffolding (which should have gone down 2 weeks ago) I hope they will be alright when it does come down.

Also today, a 30 second film of a ladybird. I'm always excited when I see them, they have become quite rare and it's always a joy when they turn up! There's one right now in my bedroom and I must remind myself to take him out, I think he has only just woken up (they hibernate) and I think he's a little sleepy!

Actually ladybird film later (youtube is taking too long to process!)

Ok, going on a bit now about the joys of spring, here's another: There's this old rhyme:

'Oak before Ash, we're in for a splash,
Ash before Oak, we're in for a soak'

Today the Oak is budding and the Ash is behind. So hopefully not much rain to be had in the coming months.

Now it's downstairs for wine and leftovers from last night and then tomorrow back on the old detox diet. . .I'll survive, I usually do. I've decided that this summer I'm going to show my legs! I don't have nice legs, but this summer I will, just need to loose a few pounds and I'll be happier.

Everyone have a good week (us British are enjoying the last of the bank holiday Monday) and I have a good week planned for posts and more photographs of my paintings!

Lots of love,

Emy xxx

1 comment:

Ian russell said...

well things look a bit better in devon than gloucestershire - i think it's still winter here! ah, we had a good day on friday.

great blog, i know who to ask for names of wild plants! looking forward to the artwork!