Thursday, April 27, 2006

New diet. . .to loose 10 pounds in a week? That can't be right!

Today has been the new start of a new diet. And I'm a little worried, because I love the food, as in it's delicious!

Thats's right folks.

Delicious.

And what is it? Atkins? Oh God no, I tried that, that was disgusting!

Detox? Can't stand it, I've never felt so hungry in my life!

GI? No, but that's good, but it takes a long time to shift any weight, not for the impatient!

Cabbage Soup diet? It sounds stupid, but, YES THAT'S IT, the Cabbage Soup diet.

It took my Mum and I an hour to cut up all the ingredients. 2 hours for it to cook. So lunch at 3:30pm and I've never had such tasty soup!

It's not only about soup, it's about having fruit and a lot of it and unsweetened tea, cranberry juice and water. Only thing is. . .

IT'S MAD!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhere on the 4th or 5th day it recommends you to eat not one or two or three but EIGHT OR MORE BANANAS!!!!! The 6th day is steak, three steaks if you want. Well, I don't eat steak, so chicken or fish, but I can't seriously see myself eating all that meat in one day or eating all those bananas!!! Of course the soup lasts all week, it's like a never ending sauce pan of soup and you must have that at least once a day. Apparently the more soup you eat, the more weight you loose. Wow.

How do I feel after the first day? Well, I have a little bit of a stomach ache but then I have had three bowl fulls of soup, it's something I have to get used to. If any of you are interested and would like the recipe then click here for details


I have just found out that Springwatch will be taking place the time I'll be in Devon.

Springwatch? What is that? You make ask.

Well, I say, it's the best thing on tv. 2 weeks of live broadcast all centred on an Organic farm in Devon, presented by Bill Oddie, Kate Humble and Simon King all about the wildlife of the surrounding area in Devon and up and down the country of Britain. They have cameras in nest boxes and the stars are usually; Blackbirds, Robins, Wrens, Blue Tits, Swallows, Crows, Buzzards and Barn Owls and sometimes Spotted Flycatchers and Pied Wagtails. Cameras in and around a badger set. Stories told by people's wildlife fasicnation, foxes in your garden, deer in the fields, mice in the hedgerows, snakes in the grass, pine martens eating from your bird table, you name it, they have it!

And, you may have noticed the word Devon. Organic Farm. It's called the Fishleigh Estate, run by Ian and Sharon Sargent, and the Farm manager and gamekeeper Peter Walters. Why do I know that? Because I've been there!!! The cottage is 4 miles away. They are in our patch! On the road to Hatherleigh (local slaughterhouse town. . .eek) to Okehampton where Waitrose is. The main farm building is close to the road, so the whole field opposite will be full of caravans and cables and people. It's the first time we've ever been in Devon when it's been on telly. I've also met Peter Walters, when I was doing my Scots Pine project for my MA and I wanted to plant some trees in his land and do you know what, we're still going to! Whether or not it will be that 2 weeks the BBC are there, who can tell, no, probably not. I'd rather 'bump into' Bill Oddie in the local shop/pub(!) and tell him about it then it being offical. Plus they must have so many people calling up to be in the show, I'll just be added to a long list!

So there you go. Happiness. Glued to the telly for 2 weeks. Plus live video cams from the internet, I'll give you the link for that, when it happens. But click here, onto Springwatch now and read it all for yourself.

Happy Emily now. Ok, not so happy that I have to wait another 3 weeks until we go to Devon, but then life sucks that way.

Em x

No comments: