Tuesday, April 11, 2006

R A I N R A I N R A I N R A I N R A I N R A I N

Rain.

And rain.

And more Rain.

Last week, when I saw my friend Alice, she and I went for a drive into the countryside with my car Julia. I've had Julia since I was 17 and nothing has ever gone wrong with her (touch wood), but on that day something did. I was driving up a hill and suddenly there was no power, not in 2nd or third gear, flashbacks came to me of my Mum's old Renault 5 which was a tank to drive and a bastard to get up a hill, that's exactly what Julia felt accompanied with a smell of burning. Panic set in. We stopped after a while and checked her out. Nothing seemed wrong. She drove back beautifully (I'm sure she felt guilty!). Today we took her into the garage and went into Bromley for a few hours (I got a new phone!) and then the call came through from the garage, they had given her a thorough check up, even put her through a few computers and nothing was found, a clean bill of health. Now what was that all about? I grant you her engine is tiny, just 1.0 but she's always 'gone' well, fast in fact and that day she wasn't having any of it. Sometimes I think she is alive!

My previous post was upsetting. Today I feel much better but I still have a small feeling inside that something is not right, or something is going to happen. Maybe it's the weather. Yes, I'm sure it is the weather. A hot summer is predicted and maybe as Spring is so late it may turn into a Indian summer, who knows?

I've noticed on my 'Cluster Map' that there's been visits to my blog from Australia. For weeks that part of the world has been empty of red blobs and I just like to welcome you Aussies and thanks for reading and if you leave a comment one time soon that will be much appreciated and I'll come and visit you!

A few links this evening:

Sheep Vs Cows
A cheese advert, but with a difference and I hate to say it, but sheep are a little stupid, I've been chased countless times, but if I suddenly stop and turn round, they turn back and run away!!!

More cows takes a while to load (go and do something else for a few minutes) Nice idea, does anyone have any idea who sang the song? It's the kind of film I would make!

Brokeback Mountain in 30 seconds Re-Enacted by bunnies Funny lol

To watch the full back catalogue of bunnies re-enacting movies in 30 seconds, including: King Kong, Pulp Fiction, The Shining and other such films, click here

Ok folks, now you've had the lovely sweet animal films, here is the serious one. As promised a second film from PETA:

Circus Elephants This is going on everyday. It's all pretty shocking, but the end made me cry even more.

Next film one month from now. 11th May.

Have just stuck my head out the window, yes, still raining!

And on that wet/soaking note I'll shall wish you all a goodnight/afternoon/morning,

Emy xxx

1 comment:

Willie Baronet said...

Hmmm. Interested to know about the fascination with cows. :-) Love the photos on your blog. Want to see some of your paintings! :-)