Friday, April 28, 2006

Embarrassment For The Government (Whenever Is It Not?!)

Charles Clarke the home secretary for this country has seriously cocked it up! Click on the blue.

Over 1000 convicted foreign crimnals have disappeared from the register ahead of their deportation. They've basically disappeared off the map. Murderers, rapists, burglars, you name it and Mr Clarke almost took the blame just now on Channel 4 news, but he hastily turned 'I' to 'we'. Of course it's your bloody fault, what were you thinking? And also coming from one of the worst 'scandal' weeks for Labour as John Prescott (that odious loaf) admitting to having an affair with his secretary. There was a picture of him with her on his lap on the Daily Mails' front page the other day. . . I felt too ill after seeing that. Plus it's the local council elections tomorrow and I certainly aint going to vote Labour!!!!! Well, would you?! And are any of these idiots resigning? Not on your life!

Right, enough of that.

I want to tell you of a very sad loss I've just experienced only a few hours ago. I CAN'T PLAY THE PIANO ANYMORE!!!!!! My fingers just don't work, they used to know exactly where they were going, now they're like jelly. For years I've been playing the same 12 or more pieces. It all really started at school, the lovely grand piano in the hallway which I'd sit in my free periods playing. The whole school could hear it and I often passed pupils or teachers in the corridors saying how wonderful the piano sounded today and wondered who had been playing it. I never said anything. Maybe I should have, because they certainly wouldn't say the same today! Of course all my friends knew, I used to teach them or they would come into the hall and suggest a tune for me to play. They were great days! My playing included:

The Beatles (yes folks and I was pretty damn good at them) There was:

Let it Be
The Long and Winding Road
Hey Jude
Blackbird
In My Life

Then John Lennon:

Imagine
Oh My Love
How
Jealous Guy
Love
No 9 Dream
Mind Games
Woman

Then Paul McCartney:

My Love
Uncle Albert
Maybe I'm Amazed

Then the odd Bach, Chopin, Satie, Mozart etc

I was good, I used to sit there for ages on end going through them all.

Now? Totally and utterly awful. Today I also include Enya and Blur and a few other well known ones. But the fingers don't move like they used to! And I know, practice makes perfect, but do you realise that almost all I once knew by heart?! All gone (apart from Love and a few bits and bobs of others) That's definitely one thing I blame the alcohol and drug 'abuse' at Art College, it really fucked my memory up. Shit. Today I was playing Satie and the blackbird was singing outside, in perfect time, we were 'singing' to eachother! Until I played a bum note and he stopped!

Well, it's a lovely sunny evening. My Dad and I are going to go for a walk (we did the same last night) and then tomorrow My Mum and I will already be breaking our diets, as my Dad is going to cook, which means loads of food and wine. Basically. . .Naughty stuff! 'A second on your lips, a lifetime on your hips' Whoever made that up should be shot!

Em x

4 comments:

Amsterdamn said...

Anyone who likes the Beatles is okay with me.

tuckmac said...

More embarrassment for the Brit Gov...

Jack Prescott didling with his secretary. And let's not mention the health minister... Trio of troubles for Blair

Muahahahaha...

Beatles are "okay." Lennon is better!

-- T

Unknown said...

Did you notice T, that I know more J Lennon songs on the piano then ~The Beatles/Paul McCartney put together!

I just found out today that Paul McCartney is now worth £1 billion pounds. Damn him!!!!!!!

steve said...

Satie is some good stuff. Sorry about the bum note messing up your birdie collaboration. sounds like it had real potential. I think Aphex twin was very much influenced ny Mr. satie whrn recording some of his mot=re classical--piano pieces. Best of luck to your fingers.