Sunday, April 09, 2006

Canary Wharf in the Sunshine

The Cutty Sark
Greenwich Thames Tunnel
View of Docklands from Bus stop





One Canada Place 900 ft

Hello all, sorry for not blogging yesterday, I was a little 'cream crackered' as in exhausted from my little, yet major expedition with my Mum to the shopping centre at Canary Wharf, hence the pictures. What started out as a gentle walk to the Lewisham DLR (Docklands Light Railway) became a nightmare and a typical reminder of how traveling to places sometimes in London is not worth it, best to stay at home! The DLR was out of action, all weekend, engineering works so replacement buses were on duty. Now my Mum has never been a great fan of travelling in buses and even though she had a seat and I didn't, she complained the whole time and made me get off at Greenwich to get the Jubilee line. I did tell her that the man said Canada Water and then one stop on the underground but she wasn't listening, a case of 'Mother knows best'. So we walk to the Jubilee underground station and guess what? It's closed due to engineering works! Anyone else would have turned round and gone home, but she and I were determined to make it. So a walk underneath the Thames in the tunnel (which my Mum claims of all her 30 years living in this area, shes never done!) and we find ourselves waiting at a bus stop probably waiting for the same one we got off!!!! Then a taxi turned up and we got that instead and arrived at our destination. Phew! Luckily the weather was beautiful, though an icy wind. It's a really nice place over there, it's like 'toy town' all these huge buildings shooting up from the ground which makes great photography! And I was the only taking pictures!

And then home for a lovely meal cooked by my Dad and a lot to drink, so posting a blog last night didn't happen! It should have happened today as there's nothing to report, I had a very lazy day doing just about nothing. I do like these days!

Yesterday was the infamous Steeple Chase, The Grand National which I missed. I always watch it but only preying for the horses safeful run around the course. One horse fell and had to be put down on the scene but the rest seemed to survive, which is a miracle after Cheltenham. Plus there was a false start too. I hate to bring this up but I have one of those PETA videos lined up for here next week. So keep your eyes peeled and this time the subject is very different then the last two, equally as shocking, but watchable.

That's it folks, enjoy the rest of Sunday and I'll see you tomorrow,

Emy xxxx

No comments: