Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blackheath At Dusk

Bus reflections

Same again

The towers without flash

The towers with flash

Blue light on Blackheath's Finest Houses (I want one of those!)

All Saints Church

? Just liked the composition

These pictures were taken the other evening (Friday to be precise). I've always loved taking night shots and now they are more possible with digital cameras!

This weekend has been interesting. Last night I got so so SO drunk on very little wine and managed to upset a lot of people, so I apologize to you all, very, very much. I went from being happy to angry to crying my heart out, I passed out at 1am still plugged in to my ipod which I found in my bed this morning (intact thank God!) and do you know what? I had no hangover! In fact I 'bounced' out of bed and had eggs and baked beans on toast for breakfast, something I never do as I don't eat anything in the mornings because the thought of it makes me sick! Ironic I know.

Plus it's Bank Holiday tomorrow, May Day and I'm intending to paint in my tiny little studio. I discovered today that I only have one canvas left and about 5 tubes of paint. It's going to be interesting!

There's nothing much planned in the week ahead, apart from sending off more job applications, it's really getting stupid now and especially when I see my Gran every week and she always comes close and asks 'You got a job yet?!' I think next week I won't go. That's all she says to me, that and giving me disapproving stares, I mean for godsake, am I 12 or something? Yes. And I want to stay 12 for as long as possible!

Though I don't feel 12. I definitely feel my age! Though I don't look it as I was (again) asked for my age when I was buying wine at Waitrose the other day. I should be flattered, I know, but I'm not! Plus I think I've inherited a family problem (Dad's side), arthritis in the knees and I keep meaning to get it checked out but I have a fear of doctors (and dentists, well, who doesn't?!). I've always had very bad circulation, freezing feet in the summer, cramp in the winter. Or it could be nothing. At this moment, I don't care, all I want is to go to Devon. The trees are budding and soon the Oilseed Rape will be blooming in the fields and I don't want to miss that! The cows will be in the fields and the butterflies in the hedgerows, even though we're going to have a dismal summer, I still want to be there!

Em x

P.S. Below I think I've created a modern day 'Monet' with a camera, what do you think?

1 comment:

Greenwich Local Addiction Support Services said...

I love the final photo - superb. I want to do a photo gallery on our web site www.blackheath-estateagent.co.uk - I can't afford to pay you but promise I will credit you and provide a link to your blog or web site if you have one.

Rob