Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Catching up. . .The Fair From Yesterday

Canary Wharf from the Heath

Let's Go Fly A Kite

Welcome to the Fair

View from the Big Wheel

On the Big Wheel

Big Wheel



View from Wheel, Old Saint's Church
View from Wheel, Welling and Water Tower on Horizon

View from Wheel, behind, Canary Wahrf

Zippo's Circus on the Heath

I also have a film of my ride on the Big Whell but as always YouTube are taking a long time to process it! This was yesterday (bank holiday Monday) and it was a nice time. We only went on the wheel, that's all you need when you're at at the fair, that and a coconut shire but they went years ago! Pity because my Dad always won one!

Not much else today. Went to the garden centre and bought loads of nice plants for the garden and planted them this afternoon and weeded the stones. Then it rained, and for once we weren't caught out!

Ok as YouTube is being pretty bad, here's a Muppet Show film I found the other day:



I think it's great. Rowlf playing Beethoven's Minuet in G Major. . .they don't make kids TV like this anymore! Least then it was educational, now it's just plain silly, like the Telletubbies for example, what the hell was that all about? (just double click on the film as it's not working, I can see YouTube going down the drain as 'PutFiles' did!)

Ok tomorrow, I promise, painting pictures (just had to get the fair out of the way!)

I don't know what's wrong with Tom Cruise these days, though I've never much liked the chap. This joke of his he made or small outburst over 'eating his baby's placenta' I've been feeling sick all day because of it! Read full article here

We've booked a one week holiday for the summer (no, no-where abroad, why go abroad when you live in the British Isles?!) 15th July for a week to 'Old Mill Cottage', Brockhampton Estate, Herefordshire, a National Trust Cottage, the same one we went before in 2003. I can't wait. The National Trust cottages' are great. A tad expensive. But always in beautiful locations, either in the centre of villages or towns or tucked away on a cliff-head or amongst rolling countryside (which this one is), to take a look at the Cottages the Trust has to offer click here
You can browse the pages or just type in Old Mill Cottage and have a look at the place and be very jealous if you like!

So more paintings tomorrow, though I'm running out of paint and canvas! Oh well, painter's hazard!

Lots of love,

Emy xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI ##NAME##, Now I'm no expert, but that looks a pretty neat blog you've got there. I must remember to come back again, as you'll have more interesting stuff here later I'm sure. See you around, Rex ##LINK##

Ian russell said...

great photos, emily - especially the kite and looking up the ferris wheel. i realise now you are also in London as well as Devon!

btw, turn on the 'word verification for comments' and avoid getting spam. :o)