Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dragons, People and Mice

Happy St George's Day Everybody!!!!

Queen Anne's House, Greenwich Park

View of Docklands from Shirley's Garden

Shirley's Garden and Shirley


Shirley's Flat

Toilets for the Marathon, Greenwich Park

Hello all, on this very wet day! Though it was fantastic yesterday! Sun out, warm, while sitting in my friend Shirley's garden. I walked over to her, it takes 25 mins, across the heath and through the park. Past the 'hundred' loos for the Marathon (which was today), back to the old road where I used to live and even met the people who bought our house! I had once vowed never to go back, but I have been on numerous occassions! Shirley and I spent some time in the garden talking to her 'marathon runner' Penny who was staying there. Penny wanted to do the 26 miles in 4 hours, I hope she did, even though this was her 7th London Marathon, she was so nervous! Then Shirl and I went down to Greenwich market for an hour then back home to my folks for an Indian take away and champagne, while watching Dr Who. Great time, just totally exhausted from all that walking.

Right, Gola. Well, she seems to be fine. I'm not actually sure if she has broken her leg, but shes definietly only got one eye. We've decided to keep her as a pet, so no nasty vet tomorrow to put her to sleep. She's eating, drinking and washing herself which is a good sign. We tried to buy her a mouse cage today but they had none in stock and we're racking our brains for another pet shop nearby (a certain lack of pet shops. . .a gap in the market!). I've stroked her a little and she didn't bite me. My Mum did the same. She's at this moment tearing up the tissue in her shoe-box to make a nest, though we've given her a jam jar. She probably hasn't had a constant supply of food like this in her whole life! And I called her name and she looked up at me!!!! Apparently the more you handle them, the more tame they become, but I'm still going to put gloves on when I next pick her up, they may be tiny, but they do have razor sharp teeth!!!
So, she seems to be happy at the moment and as she's happy and alive, we'll keep her and nurse her back to health. Wow, I have a pet and for once it's not a gold fish!!!

One-eyed Mouse, Gola

No reply as yet from my hundreds of job applications, let us hope for good post tomorrow. Though I need to paint and I don't think I can wait to mid May when we go to Devon. Somehow I'll get into that little room upstairs and do something.

A few plans this week. Now all the schools have gone back, we'll visit some Art Galleries in London and go and see Winston Churchill's Chartwell, which is owned by the National Trust, so expect some lovely pictures this coming week.

Well, that's it folks and I'll post again soon and of course keep you up to date with Gola!

Emy xxx

No comments: