Saturday, February 18, 2006

Oh What A Life This Is

Hello people, I’m sorry its been a few days since I last blogged, just been busy or tired and even though I now have the delights of broadband I just haven’t found the time.

We (my folks and myself) have been seriously discussing where we’re going to live. We’re currently residing in London and also have a second home in Devon. But the overheads of keeping two places going are getting too much plus we’re seriously running out of money. So something has to change. My Dad and I belong in Devon while my Mum is a city chick and would find living the country life boring and uneventful. So for years we’ve been stuck and never has us 3 decided on something.
It’ll break our hearts to sell the cottage so London must go but we’re going to keep a foothold. Blackheath is stupidly expensive so now we’re decided on Kent.

Kent, the garden of England, not so now as they’re a dozens of motorways criss-crossing the county, but there are still some lovely pockets left. Kent has always played a big part in my life. I went to school in Bromley, Kent – 13 years of school runs; I did my Art Foundation in Chislehurst, Kent and my MA Fine Art in Canterbury, Kent. And where do we go for days out in the countryside? Yes, Kent and where is the nearest Waitrose? Yep. You’ve guessed it . . .Kent. Important little place don’t you think? So yesterday we drove out to Biggin Hill, Kent to look at Estate Agents. Biggin hill because my Mum & Dad somehow got into a conversation with a man in a shop who said he had just bought a house in Biggin Hill for a song and recommended us to do the same. So off we went, this guy was lucky. We want 4 bedrooms, an en-suite, a utility room, a studio and LOTS of space because we have boxes and boxes of crap that needs to be stored. We’ve found 3 houses of interest, which we’ll be seeing on Monday, so watch this space! If we manage to find somewhere then we’ll let the cottage for holiday lets and get some income.

I live a life where I have two of everything. 2 beds, 2 washing machines, 2 dishwashers, 2 sofas, 2 laptops, 2 chest of drawers, 2 mirrors, (6 tvs), 2 tables, EEEEEKKKK. . .what a life! Its got to stop!

Well I can’t think of much else right now and I haven’t even got any photos to show you, so I’ll take my camera with me later because my Dad and I are going to have a walk in Greenwich Park so I can show you where I live or, if you like, what I’m leaving. I’ve lived in Blackheath all my life, all those 26 years, and of course I’ll be sad to let it go but it’ll never go away, I’ll be back to visit, it’s just time to move on.

Pictures later.

I promise, I won’t leave it too long, definitely today.

And you know what I did last night? Two things. One I managed to wipe 5000 songs from my itunes at midnight (thank God for back up files) and I had my window open in my bedroom and the framed picture of all of us at the KIAD ball smashed on the floor after a heavy gust of wind. I cried my eyes out (probably because I haven’t cried for weeks) but that really was the LAST straw!

Emy xxx

No comments: