Monday, February 20, 2006

No Sale

Ok, Biggin Hill is definitely not for us. What a dump! I’ll admit, I am a snob but then I have always lived in Blackheath in nice houses, gone to the better shops and eaten in fancy, modern, class restaurants.

I don’t know how these estate agents survive, how do they sell houses? First and foremost the blurb you get for these houses, nice glossy paper, smashing photography, they must spend a fortune all because the houses they advertise don’t amount to much. Take the first one we saw in Biggin Hill, dark, dim and for a Georgian House (one of the only few older houses in the district – the rest 1960s build) run down, dilapidated, overlooking a main busy road to the back and to the front a pot holed road, was that on the blurb? Not on your life and the WORST part was that the owners at replaced the staircase with a black metal spiral one, not keeping with the house itself, I mean, for God sake!!!! I wouldn’t like to fall down it after a few glasses of wine! Plus they had put it in after they had got all the furniture up so HOW are you meant to get it down again? These people have NO brains! Sad. The second house, a few miles from Winston Churchill’s Chartwell (I never realised Chartwell was on the road!) looked lovely in the picture, it was taken from the back, the reason being (which they fail to tell you) that if you step out your front door you’d immediately be hit by a stream of cars, buses, lorries, this house was RIGHT on the road, NOT set back, literally RIGHT on the road!!! Which is a real shame because it was really nice and spacious. In it housed a very old causality, an aged cat who was run over and had lost her tail!!!! I mean that says it ALL!!!! So that part of Kent is not for us!

So back to the drawing board. How can we possibly leave Blackheath? It can’t happen, and it’s not going to happen!!! What we need is a small foothold in this area, something we can live in for a few years while we gradually extend the cottage in Devon. When that’s done we can then use the London home as an investment and rent it out and get some money back. It really is the ONLY way around. I’m not going to leave this area, ever, at all!!!!

Note, some of my friends will not leave any comments, one in particular, Gemma, don’t ‘feel like a twig’ if you’re the only one doing so, as you don’t have a blog of your own it really doesn’t matter! You don’t even have to leave a comment just say ‘hello’ which can show to all the other people reading this (apart from Tucker) that I DO HAVE FRIENDS!!!!! So next time, the space is yours to fill.

Ok got to go now, Eastenders is on in a tic, can’t miss that!

Lots of love to all and happy smiles

Emy xxxx

6 comments:

tuckmac said...

You mean I'm not your only fan???

Damn.

I thought that I was on to something special and unique.

Who's Gemma?

Hi Gemma. I'm Tucker... Emily's weird Yank friend. You know you want to comment... You know you do... So come on... Be like a Nike advert and Just do it.

Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.

Scary 'nough for you?

Tee hee...

Tucker

N8ey said...

Tuck, you freak...

Hello Emily. My turn to comment on your blog. And I'm feeling nice.

;)

Good luck on the house-hunt. Just don't get too picky, eh?

Smiles.

-- N8ey

Unknown said...

Hello Tuck and N8ey,

Thankyou for your kind comments.

And Tucker I'm glad your my fan! Gemma is an old school friend of mine, so old in fact that I've known her for almost 15 years! Scary, huh?

And N8ey, I'm afraid you have to be picky in buying properties in the UK, if you're not careful you might end up buying some shit hole! But I understand what you say, it's a stressful business but I'll take it on board. Plus the fact that we've all (as in my folks and I) have to agree in the first place, and that, bleieve me, is not easy!

Love to everyone,

Emy xxx

tuckmac said...

You know... On a separate note...

I could've told you that Biggin Hill was a dump. But I was thinking, "Oh, maybe I just saw the "bad" part." But now I realise that, no... It's the same Biggin Hill.

Good luck, there.

-- T

Unknown said...

Hey well I could have told you that Biggin Hill was a dump too but then with dumps you can sometimes pick up a bargain and hope the district would come up in a few years (with Biggin Hill it will be a life time or more) Plus I had spent many a happy August day at Biggin Hill airport at the Flying Show enjoying Spitfires, Hurricanes and Lancaster Bombers, if I lived there I could see it from my back garden for free!!!!

Oh well

Cheers Tuck x

Anonymous said...

Best you stay in Blackheath with all those nice “Multi Cultural” places on your door step like Lewisham and Greenwich.

What a surprise you chose two houses that were on a main road and there were vehicles going past!!!

Just a little suggestion for you, if you do not want to live next to a main road don’t look at houses that ARE ON A MAIN ROAD. Believe it or not, there are quite a few NON MAIN ROADS in Biggin Hill.

You obviously do not have enough intelligence to look at houses that suit your requirements.