Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Depressing (If You're Happy Scroll Down to the Pictures)

Well today has been the most depressing 'weather days' this year (& the year is only into its second month!). English weather - God, you've got to love it (er. . .NOT!) - this is the third day of wind, dullness, bleak, overcast, dark, wet and pretty cold. Why can't it just snow and be done with it?! Everyone cheers up here when its snows, it's such a rare occurrence in London, everything stops; roads are closed, schools, offices, shops. . .and then we all go out for snow fights, building snowmen and generally messing around, we ALL turn into children again and everyone SMILES!!!!! I tend to hibernate in February, I watch people from my window, all with grumpy faces, and I feel like Winter will NEVER end, ironic as February is the shortest month, well it actually feels like the longest!

My grandmother is still ill in hospital. She had gone back to her nursing home a week ago from hospital but then she was back again within 24 hours. Now the tests show that she had got a bug on the ward, not surprising really, as my folks saw her today and my mum told me that the 'isolation' ward she was in was filthy, disgusting, it looked like it had NEVER been cleaned. What's wrong with this country's hospitals? How the HELL can they get AWAY with it?! Poor Nanna, she's so depressed and lonely, she can't eat, she can't sleep, she can't talk - she didn't even recognize my mum - what a shit old life she's having. Who the hell would want to live into their 90s? My great friend Shirley once told me that when she turned that old she would throw a HUGE party, lots of food, lots of wine, lots of great friends and most importantly LOTS of drugs in which she would take herself and die on a MASSIVE high!!! Can't be bad I say!

Sorry this blog is rather depressing. I'm just restless and I NEED to paint and in order to do that I NEED to go to Devon pronto. If it wasn't for my gran, God help her, we would be in the West by now. In the West where the air is clean, the land inviting, the birds singing for Spring and the sun ALWAYS shining (actually that's not strictly true about the sun shining, it DOES shine but then it does rain A LOT, but there it has a meaning. When the weather is rough it's so atmospheric, when the wind howls down the chimneys and the rain lashes against the windows, it's so exciting and dramatic, it really feels like being on board a ship!). Oh Devon, I am coming down soon, please believe me and when I'm there I'd let the photographs talk for themselves and show ALL of you why you're MAD not to live in the West (actually don't you DARE come down! I NEED my space!!!. . .obviously you can come for a holiday . . .)

Ok to finish off with are 3 pictures of a Devon summer to wet your appetites, enjoy!







Well, ecco a lei!!!! (There you go in Italian!!!!)

Love and fun and smiles and sun,

Emy xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ghost Sheep? Oh, your God! Please do not eat it :)

Em, you have lots of brilliant pic .

What a beautiful land where I am missing.

Enjoy your snow and Coming spring.

With the very best wishes,

Jun Gao