Monday, February 27, 2006

I WANT SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!!!! (but wait until I'm in Devon)



This is THE VIEW from Greenwich Park.

No snow, no blizzards, no cold wind, no arctic conditions, now why doesn't that surprise me?!

Today I went to see my Nanna, at first she didn't recognize me, then she realized and said 'I love you' which immediately made my eyes tearful. From a strong, independent woman to a frail old lady, who is bed bound and can hardly speak is very, very upsetting. She has only just gone down in a matter of 2 years. Oh, I don't want to talk about this. . .sorry.

Bluewater tomorrow, for those who don't know the place, it's a giant shopping centre that looks like the Kingdom of Oz, sitting in a HUGE disused chalk quarry at Greenhithe, Kent.



Apart from shopping, it's filled with restaurants, bars, cafes and a 13 screen cinema.

I need to go there for shopping (yes), but shopping for presents, not only is it my folk's Wedding Anniversary 39 years! on 11 March, but it's also Mother's Day on 26 March and I have NO idea what to buy them and very little money. Oh well.

2 dates for you diary. Tomorrow 28 it's Shrove Tuesday, Pancake day and 2nd March Thursday it's World Book day and over the next few days I'll be telling you my favourite authors and a little bit about them. So first off:

Raymond Chandler

Born in Chicago, but educated in Dulwich College, England. He became America's finest detective novelist, writing books such as 'The Big Sleep' (immortalised by Humprey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in 1946), 'Farewell my Lovely' and 'The Long Goodbye' all about a private detective Philip Marlowe depicting gangster America in 1930s. Fantastic stuff. Well worth a read.

Anyway, that's it for now. Eastenders in 10 seconds, so more authors tomorrow.

Lots of love and sweet dreams,

Emy x

No comments: