Monday, February 13, 2006

Good evenin, it's 19:36pm here in UK and 11:36am in US

Hello people,

Well I phoned the third college and the woman said that she owed me a huge apology for sending the wrong rejection letter but I still didn’t get in. Oh hum, ok never mind, what can you do?

Not much has been happening today, saw my Grandmother (Nanna) I call her, in London’s BIGGEST hospital, Kings. Blimey this building goes on and on, they keep adding bits to it, it’s never-ending corridors and doctors and nurses running here there and everywhere. Nanna looks comfortable but I think she wants to die now, shes had enough, she can’t talk, she can’t walk, it’s all over. But then she is a toughie, she is a Pasmore (her family’s name) and I feel she’ll keep going.

I’m reading this book at the mo, ‘Facing the Light’ by Adele Geras, who usually writes children’s books. It’s SO involved, it’s a big fat book full of one HUGE family who have come together for the matriarch’s Birthday (the grandmother) who has lived in this huge house surrounded by paintings by her artist father. It’s one of these books which keeps hinting that all has not been or is right in the family, mysteries and shocking revelations which have only been touched upon but will only come out in the last pages, so you have to keep guessing, that’s fine, I hate books when you can predict the ending but it’s so infuriating when you don’t know what the hell is going on, so hopefully on the last page, pg 503, I’ll know!!!!

The temperature outside has visibly shot up many degrees and this morning really was the first time that Spring maybe in the air, although there’s the rest of this month and March to battle through, not my fave months. Soon I’m going to go to Devon myself for a week and stay with my friends at their farm (as I have no car there I can’t stay in the cottage). The picture today (er, sorry guys no picture, it's failing to upload so will be posted tomorrow) is our cottage, Old Chapel Cottage, two bedrooms, one lovely, spacious studio, a garden visitor, a hare, called ‘Summertime’, a multitude of birds, voles, stoats, weasels, rabbits and the odd fox if the gamekeeper hasn’t killed every last one and an outlook of pure farming country, giant hedgerows buzzing with bees and butterflies in the summer and pastoral and arable land. The sights, the sounds, the smells, and wow I’m there right now in my head, completely lost.
Back to reality, back to the capital and a fucking police helicopter circling overhead!

Love to one and all,

Emy xxx

No comments: