Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Few Strange Photographs!

What is it with me and shoes? I don't ever strive out to buy them, it just happens! We went to Bluewater yesterday and I ended up with 3 new pairs, 2 sandals and a pair of canvas trainers/plimsoils type thing! Not to mention 7 books for my summer reading and a new outfit to wear for the show on Friday which I'm looking forward too so much! And then not to mention a few cds too!

Speaking of cds, I've now listened to Keane's new album 'Under the Iron Sea' quite a few times and it's brilliant! As in so good that some even made me cry! That and Coldplay's 'X&Y' which I've always wanted and got yesterday in the sale of HMV. It makes me wonder how 'we' put up with all that bad music in the world when you have something truely magical, an anthem in almost every song! So I didn't get much sleep last night, plus the fact that I successfully broke my detox good and proper last night. I did so well the whole day! My Mum also made our detox lunch before we went and took it in the freezer bag - the only downside was, as it was crispbread and humus, it kind of got really wet and it tasted like soggey cardboard! Not very nice! And then they were wroking on the railway last night too, around 3am. We saw them the other night on our walk, further up the track. So back on to the detox today until friday. I've been in touch with my friend Laury there and she said that the MA/MFA's will be there all day fundraising for their show on friday, they're cashing in with the voloume of people coming with a BBQ!

Working on the railway (18th), a rather spooky photo!

The next few pictures are my fav types of photography and especially with a digital camera as it's always 3 seconds or so slow! So you never know what you're taking or how it would turn out! Going home from Bluewater on the motorway, just after sunset and taking pictures of the skies surrounding the road. I don't care if they're fuzzy and out of focus, I really like the spontaniety of them. See what you think:















Tulip's tunnel - my cat from years ago, everytime we drove her to the cattery in Sidcup we had to go through this tunnel and she was always fascinated by the bright lights (and I'm sure a little frightened) and she used to meow! So eveytime we go under it I think of her!

And one last thing, my friend Mary doesn't hate me, she has suggested I come next mon/tue/wed which will be fine, just have to be extra careful on what I eat and drink!

Lots of love to you all,

Emy xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to the show on Friday too! Yay!

Unknown said...

Cool! Well, I'll see you there then. . . I hope I recognise you tho, if you recognise me then say so!

See you friday x

steve said...

Awesome photographs Emy. Mu faves are definitely the railroad at night and the tunnel. Great sky scenes too!