Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Last Night Time In Devon. . . Byeeeee!!!!!!

Hey my faithful readers, I know I said I wasn't going to do this tonight, but I wanted to capture the last few hours we have left in this beautiful place, so I can look back and sigh over happier times! And the good news is that my Dad and I have persuaded my Mum to come back sooner! As long as she has time to go to Bluewater and Canterbury (Fenicks) she'll be happy! :-) Plus another reason for me doing this and in the next few weeks, as in constantly, is because of the bloody football. I've seen so many cars/vans/lorries flying the English flag and all I say to them is '!'Get a life mate'. I really do hate football, hate it, hate it, hate it! Anyone agree with me? Your comments will be much appreciated!

A sad thing happened only 30 mins ago. A female sparrow flew into the study window. Usually birds are shocked, it has happened a lot and I've always been there to pick them up and keep them warm until they feel better to fly away. This time I was there in a flash, but after a few seconds she was coughing up blood, so she had broken her neck. After a few minutes she wanted to fly away and then suddenly her little heart went dead, she died in my hands. Poor little thing. The worst news is that she has little ones in the nest box(es) that we provided. The male is constantly calling for her, he's going frantic, the chicks too. I hope he'll be able to feed them, who knows? Plus we won't be here to keep an eye on them. Typical. Well, I hope she's in heaven now, happy.

I am so tired. I did all my packing. I even sorted out my drawers and wardrobe! Plus I found my diamond ring! Something I thought had been hoovered up at Christmas time, something I thought I had lost forever and something that kept me awake at nights worrying about it, missing it and wondering how I was going to tell my folks who had bought it for me for my 21st! And where was it? Underneath manky old socks in my sock drawer in a different box from the one it should be in (I have the original, empty in London!), so, PHEW!!!!! Thank God for that! I also cleaned my studio, after 10 mins I ran screaming from my desk as a huge black house spider appeared! Then disappeared somewhere, my Dad was too late! Damn him! (whoops sorry Dad) so when I'm back in three weeks time (yes, only three!) the spider will be twice its size!!!!! And then I collasped on the sofa hugging my Mum trying to revert my eyes from the French and the Swiss! 3 football matches per day, AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll leave you all now and leave Devon with some pictures of the flowers in the garden and a new painting:

Ox-Eye Dasies, opening in their hundreds up the garden!


Yellow Water Iris on pond

Water Lilies on pond

'North 2' Acrylic & Sand on Canvas

I've managed to do 14 paintings this time, so keep your eyes peeled on my painting blog.
Plus more will be coming on my Animal blog too.
PLUS (again) I will post either tomorrow or Thursday with the pictures from the Royal Cornwall Show (sorry Tucker, more cows!) but also pigs, sheep, chickens, old cars, old tractors, old steam engines etc!

Emy xxxx





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also am subjected to the football almost 3 times a day, at home and at work where we have a screen in the staff canteen! There is no escape!!!!!
I dont hate it quite as much as i used to (its some infiltrated my brain!!!!) but it's still pretty annoying 3 times a bloody day!