Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Shall Go In Green

Hello, I promise no more silly Beatle questionaires! And I'm sorry for the larger pictures, thing is I can't be bothered to get rid of them, I'm that lazy.

Today I've just been getting myself together for tomorrow at KIAD. I don't know if anyone else feels like this, but you know when you haven't been back to somewhere where you haven't been a long time, that you'd like to make a good impression, that in some way you may have changed and you want to appear relaxed and self confident, that you're back and you're happy and ok? Well, that's how I feel. I've always imagined myself going back to KIAD, thin, beautiful and with a hansome man on my arm, but hey! These things never be. It's going to be the same old me, fatter then I like, boring looking (not that ugly, but still need a bit of work) and with no man in sight, apart from my Dad. That's why I NEVER went back to Winchester and now I'm going back to KIAD. But as always I keep thinking, well, this is not the end yet, I'm still going back there on the 8th Sept for the MA show, I have a little time to make myself thin and beautiful and maybe find a man, but then again, it won't happen, it NEVER happens like that, it'll just be the same old me again. . .

And there are a certain few people who I DON'T want to see, and so I'll be giving them a wide berth, a couple of tutors and a few students. Fine, I'll be civil if I have to, but that's my lot!

So I've painted my nails green, I have a green top to go over smart jeans and I have a green necklace (the same I wore for my MA show), for some reason I'm always wearing green at KIAD, it brings out the greeness in me! I'll wear my jeans for the daytime with a different top and I'm going to take a bag with my other clothes, shoes and make-up upon which I'll change into in the car in the car park! Now I need my flat back! A flat that served me and my friends so well in Canterbury, basically a stones throw from the college, as my window looked right into my head of MA's office! (I could have broken the window!)

I'm so tired today, I seem to be tired every day. I feel relaxed but still on edge for some reason, that cross-between place. Butterflies for tomorrow I feel, I'm worried about drinking as I haven't had much to drink now for a few weeks and I AM now a light weight, I just hope I won't make a fool of myself over the free wine at the opening, yes, I'm still talking about the opening!
Let us hope the sun shines!

To finish off my self pity (I noticed that too) here are some pictures taken yesterday, on my walk with my Dad, across the heath, on the longest day. The weather was strange, the wind strong and the colours of the sky stormy, but the swifts were enjoying themselves, swooping low over the heath and our heads!


The first glimpse of that cloud

Wow that cloud!

The swifts were camera shy!

Any suggestions what this shape may be?

And still that cloud

The sky was more purple then this

Close up

I'll see you all, possibly on Saturday, depending on the hangover!

Wish me luck at KIAD. Calm, cool and sophisticated . . . . . . . . . . . . !

Emy xxx










1 comment:

Ian russell said...

nice changing tones as i went down the photos - a bit like ayers rock in the evening light. :o)

the cloud looks like a prancing goat.