Sunday, June 18, 2006

Madness Comes To All Of Us In The End. . .

I think I'm going mad (hardly surprising), I'm a week behind! I had it all worked out in my head, seeing Mary next week and then Canterbury/KIAD/Laury/BA Show the following week. Well, no, that's wrong. . . The BA show is next Friday! Whoops, sorry Mary, I have sent her a text explaining my madness but she hasn't sent me anything back, so I feel she's a little upset with me! So I'm going to Canterbury next friday (23rd) only for the day and evening. As much as I'd love to stay with Laury I can't trust myself to eat only detox, there will be too many temptations! Sorry people, I'm crap, I know. But I'm doing all right on the detox. I feel much better, my skin looks clearer and I'm beginning to feel less hungry and not having too many cravings for naughty things! I just hope the head aches are going to leave me as my body gets used to the change. Plus on friday I hopefully won't be self conscious in wearing a skirt (never a dress, I don't have the legs!)

Ok, that little bit over. At the moment we can't plan anything as the football comes first. Wednesday would have been a perfect day to go up to town to the Tate or for the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy, but, NO! Holland is playing. Next Tuesday again would have been a nice day to go out, but, NO! England is playing! Speaking of England, the photograph below was taken last Thursday when they were playing and I had to capture the moment!



A close up (just so you can read what's on the flag!)

Can you still see it?!

Did anyone catch that match between USA and Italy last night? Italian's are thugs and no, not all women find them attractive. I thought the US played gallantly! (I only saw the first half by the way, ok, I do hate football, but I saw it as I felt like it! At half time my Dad and I went out for a walk, we're managing to do at least 2 miles a night, good, but nothing compared to Charles Dickens who used to walk 30 miles a night!)

And now a catch up (again), I foolishly left my camera charger in Devon and my friend in Devon kindly sent it to me and it arrived yesterday. I can't live without that charger! So these photos should have been posted when they had taken place (so if anyone's browser crashes, I'm sorry, you have been warned!)

Dunsbeare Sheep called Chrissy

Another Dunsbeare Sheep called Pippa

The gals!

Dunsbeare from the orchard

Our last walk up top to Windy Cross

The sky had a mind of it's own - very spooky

The journey back - A303 poppies in Wiltshire

RAF aircraft, it was HUGE and low, no idea what it's called

RAF aircraft - now I know this is called a Hercules

The closest I ever get to Stone Henge - in the back seat of the car!

Getting up to speed now - the sunset on the heath

There's a plane every 3 seconds!

My first Stag Beetle of the year, Friday night (16)

There are wild flowers on the heath - Yarrow

Mallow

And parked by the heath, a rather serious looking Ferrari


Ok, that's all for photos. And that's all for me today. I didn't sleep very well last night (blame the detox) and I was chatting to a friend on msn for a while, so I'm going to crash out now and read the Sunday Papers and see if there's anything I want to comment on! If there is, I'll be back, if not, then all of you enjoy the rest of the weekend. The weather is getting cooler next week, but I don't believe that, now it has reached these temperatures it has no excuse not to reach them again!

E xxx

4 comments:

tuckmac said...

You forgot to mention the BEST PART of the Italy v. U.S. match!!!!

First, as a Yank... I admit that my footie team is crap compared to the rest of the world. We are... How could we not be crap, when soccer (as WE call it) is such an ignored game.

(Caveat: Of course, we may be crap, but we actually MAKE IT INTO THE WORLD CUP - Where's Ireland? Where's Scotland?)

Anyhoo... The U.S. team is known to be a serious underdog...

And when I saw that they were going to be playing Italy, and couldn't lose, or they'd be out... I thought to myself... Och weel... At least we got INTO the bloody thing.

I should put another caveat here... I haven't watched a match. I personally HATE footie.

Anyhoo... I thought we'd be out, I mean.... Italy is actually a pretty darn good team. Och, not a "Brazil" type team, but still, pretty good.

I see the results of the match... 1-1... The U.S. is STILL in the running! "How could this happen," I thought to myself?

The Italians scored a point... On the Yanks. Then... The Italians scored a point on THEMSELVES!

Muahahahahahahaha!

There is irony in this world... And it's name this week is Italy.

Sorry... Just had to laugh.

Smiles,
T

tuckmac said...

By the way... Sorry Em...

I wanted to say I really liked the photos! I'm jealous of you seeing Stonehenge THAT much! I've never seen the bloody thing in real-life, and I lived SO CLOSE, in the grand scheme of life, to the darn thing... I'm a dork.

But... Anyhoo.... Great photos.

Also... Have fun at KIAD's little party. I am very jealous. Both Fi and I wish we could be there! Say hi to folks for us, will ya? Cheers!

-- T

Unknown said...

Yes I will have fun at the 'little' party and of course I'll send good wishes from you and Fi to the little drunken crowd!
I kind of figured that if I didn't go to the show this year, by next year, I wouldn't know anyone, so it's my last chance (that and the MA show on 8th Sept) to experience life in Art College first hand (you'd think I'd be sick of it by now!)

Thanks for kind comments over photos and yes, you are a dork for never visiting Stonehenge (the only reason I never go is we're always on are way or coming back from Devon, it's hard to stop!)

E x

Anonymous said...

tuckmac:
Just my two cent's worth on the match (before Emily starts complaining us turning her place into a footie discussion board!!)
USA played a brilliant match against a tough Italian side and they should've got something more (like a win) out of that match. Just to point out this, US is currently ranked 6th in the the official FIFA world ranking (http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Jul-2005,00.html), ahead of, for instance, England and Italy (but then again Iran is ranked at 15?!) so the credibility of this list is still to be discussed... :)

emy:
Nice photos and can't wait to see more of them. Good to know you're getting used to the detox diet, catch up with you more later!! :)