Saturday, June 24, 2006

KIAD

It's so hot and I'm so hot too. Hot with the sun and hot with hot flushes. I've never felt like this before, I feel faint, dizzy and I feel that I'm not here, but I'm fighting it, whatever strange thing I have because I'm going to stay with Mary on Monday for a few days and I've already let her down once.

KIAD was cool. Even though I had serious butterflies going there and high on asiprin, and luckily I didn't see the people I wanted to avoid. I spent the whole day in KIAD, seeing people, chatting to everyone and half of them didn't recognise me, said I looked different, not a bad thing, I did want that reaction. And they all seem happy, which is a good thing. And nothing has changed, still the same old building, same old people and same old Cedar (looking lovely) on the green, and the same old panic before the opening, people hurrying around getting the last things done, even building walls! Cleaning floors, yet, they were all smiling, all the students smiled at me, whoever they were, where ever they cae out from, much more relaxed then last year. All the BA's exhibiting mounted to 85. 85?! That's a BIG year! And SO much to see and all of it pretty impressive. If anyone reading this finds themselves in Canterbury, go and see the show, it's open until 10th July, an extra week open for extra people showing.

The band under the Cedar (the tree always playing such a big part at the college)


The band were great, a mix of Eastern and Western music. . . a real treat!


The MA BBQ (they made a fortune, why didn't we think of that?)

KIAD



And I even found myself standing in the Warden's flat at one point. Standing in the sitting room, remembering memories and times, now, long gone. 2 girls live there now and one is an MA and she complained about the fire alarm going off at all hours - don't I know it! The walls had been painted white and the spare bed taken away. A coffee table stood in the middle of the room, a high-fi at the side and a hat stand by the door. Vases with flowers and throws on the sofa chair and settie. You can tell 2 girls are living there! Plus the kitchen was full of people beavering away, getting ready the food for their fundraising BBQ at the opening. It brought back a lot of times to me and I felt sad that I wasn't part of it and as Sonia was cutting the vegetables I could see Linda there, Gama, Kelly and Alison, all chatting and laughing away. We all still haunt the college, twice I thought I saw Reem sitting under the cedar or Gao clowning around grinning. Tucker and Roy sitting out smoking with Fi, ready with her HUGE black sports bag to go to the gym after. John coming up to them, plugged into his mp3 player and myself sitting among them enjoying the hot weather. Oh happy days!

Emy xxx

No comments: