Saturday, March 24, 2007

Last Night in Devon . . . I'm TOO Sad!

Hey everyone, well, here we go, the last day & night in Devon and the weather all today was perfect - in fact the best sunny, blue day in the 7 weeks we've been here. Typical. Pictures to follow when I get back to London (ah). Ok, look, let me level with you, I do love London, in fact I'm proud to have been born in London (perhaps not Lewisham, but then beggars can't be choosers) and I know every single corner of South East London and it really excites me - that and getting on a train to Charing X and having the whole city at my finger tips. But frankly, I've grown bored of it and need a drastic change, I'm so much happier in the countryside. Although I'm really going to miss Kent - the North coast & the Weald, not to mention East & West Sussex, Surrey I can do without lol! But London won't be completely wiped from my life, I still have great, good friends there and plenty of them have offered to put me up if I crave for city life or Kent countryside & beyond. Plus there's shopping to take into consideration - I must go back here and there to go to Bluewater or up into town and walk amongst those in the Kings Road (ok, I can't afford anything, but Peter Jones in Sloane Square is always worth a window shop!) So London we'll become an excitement once again - when I was small I loved it, it was so exciting and so, er, . . . OUT THERE! All my friends lived in Bromley, Kent (that's where my school was), while I had Blackheath, London on my home address! Anyway, London will always be in my blood and I'll always love it, so in all truth I will ALWAYS regard myself as a Londoner!

Ok, final film of Devon. Or as Tuckmac likes to call it, 'rural' film. Thomas, the South Down ram, one of the eccentric characters of Dunsbeare Farm. Back in November he picked up some kind of illness out in the fields and collapsed. The vet gave him a course of antibiotics and said if he didn't get better afterwards then he should be put to sleep. Well that was back then, this film was shot a few days ago, and he's still alive . . . though not particularly kicking. Basically he can't get up, for some reason he can't do it. Maybe there's a bit of brain damage there. But he's bright and lovely although a nuisance for Sue as he rolls off his straw in the shed and can't get back again and Sue has to move him back - and as you'll see - it takes some doing! (ok, I could have helped, but I was filming at the time lol!). Sue is getting worried now, as the warmer weather is approaching and that will bring flies by their hundreds - on the straw he'll be ok - but off the straw the maggots will get to him. So a big decision will have to be made soon, to keep going or to put him down? Anyway, have a look at the film and tell me what you think - is Sue mad? Or is she right in keeping him? I think he's lovely and maybe she should keep him a little longer, but then you may argue that that's just prolonging it.



Lots of love to all and see you all in London!

Emy xxxxx xxxx xxx xx x

2 comments:

tuckmac said...

GAH.

I couldn't finish watching the darn thing... It was too sad.

Poor little thing.

Enjoy your last trip "home" to London. I'm sure you're life is going to be SO much better once you're not torn between two places.

Moving out into the country, when one lives in the most exciting and vibrant city in the WORLD seems a bit strange to me. ;-) But I'm happy for you.

Smiles,
Tucker

Mildred de Tosta said...

Thanks for the armchair farm visits! I am a Londoner living in North Yorkshire. My sister is always trying to get me to go down to the farm where she has her horse and one where she sits on Sundays doing rag rugging where there are lots of animals to meet but the thought of going in a car for five minutes or the bus... (shiver) makes me feel queasy so I particularly enjoyed your videos and one of the cats enjoyed it too. I went to your animal blog but it was very sad.