Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Boom . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . Boom . . .

in Boom . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . Every morning . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . I'm woken up by large Booms coming from neighbours across from us - actually 2 houses next to each other - who are having an extension out the back and the builders have started piling - as in laying the foundations . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . Boom . . . continuously. The whole house vibrates - my bed vibrates. Although all is not going to plan, one got stuck and would go no further, so there's a delay. As I'm sure I've said before that St Joe's was built on a rubbish tip, well, not really rubbish, more WW2 debris, as in unexploded bombs (no, not really), air raid shelters, rubble, mortar etc and the place is full of air pockets and holes appear regularly in the middle of gardens and the houses subside too, so who knows what they've encountered over the way underneath the gardens!

Apart from that. London is much the same. Planes, train and automobiles. My little car Julia is now finally out of the garage as we need to store stuff in there and she's finally being driven. Her battery went flat over the time we weren't here, so she now has a brand new battery and a brand new leash of life! As for me, well, us, busily cleaning as the estate agents are coming to measure up and take photos on Friday for our big move! So, it's finally happening. Plus the weather is fab right now! 18C today, although rain is expected tomorrow and probably typically on , Friday when the pictures are being taken! So I'm trying to see as many people as possible as I'm back by myself to Devon with Julia (my car . . . keep up) on the 15th April, I have no idea how long for, but Julia will stay there now indefinitely.

Hope everyone is well anyway and please, if some of you haven't seen the last video of Thomas, then please watch it, as upsetting as it is, Thomas is treated like a King!

Emy xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emy, I must admit you know how to impress people with small things like pics for instance.

Well; i like to get some copies if you dont mind.

Have a lovely Easter holidays
Greetings from Germanyxxx
Steph

Unknown said...

Sure, feel free, but please don't use them for advertising/publicity purposes - actually, why do you want copies if you don't mind me asking?

Emy