Friday, March 23, 2007

The Last Few Days

Hey everyone! I can't believe we've been here now for almost 7 weeks - where has all the time gone? So back home to London on Sunday and by the end of the following week the London house will be put on the market & once sold we're coming down here to live in the cottage and figure out what to do. It's the only way. Of course we've got so much stuff, some need to be stored here in the cottage and the other stuff perhaps in storage somewhere else. It's all really exciting, but I can predict much stress and unhappiness too.

So back to happier times with the sun out in these following pictured, although 2 pictures here are heartbreaking, and one HUGE mystery:



Soon the fields on the right will be a mass of yellow - Oil seed rape

Where did that cloud come from?!

After all the rain, the land is SO green!

That view!

Dartmoor in distance and Scots Pine - which has lost yet another branch (now in my garden!)


There she blows - Dartmoor I mean

Walking down the side of field - lane on other side

Incredible Pine shadows

Dartmoor

If you didn't know where you were it could definitely be mountain range

Golden light on the moor

My darling pine - Grace



How they survive the winds, I do not know

Looking out opposite to cottage & chapel


And now the heart breaking mystery - in recent times, around the last 5 years - we've had a good number of Hares living in our fields. They are absolutely fantastic creatures to watch and to film and to have. I came across this - a whole stripped hare skin - no blood, bones or flesh. Who or more importantly, who the HELL would do that? Human? Animal? I've never seen the likes of this before. At first I thought it was a dead, shot fox as the farmers/gamekeepers usually shoot foxes and leave them to rot in the fields. I'm stumped. Anyone got any clues?

I turned it round with my boot - it's so neatly done and reminds me so much of a fur coat/scarf - now a dog would rip the creature up, a buzzard pick out the remain, but to strip it so perfectly takes skill & who the hell would do that, take the flesh and leave the fur in the middle of a field


So after that sadness, I moved on, troubled & upset

Back to the fantastic sheep & lambs, I was watching a lamb play tag with a pheasant!

Sun rays

Golden light - my favourite!




Then a cloud - is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a cloud shaped as a bird & a plane!

Spectacular sunset that night

Something out of Turner or even Constable or me . . . lol!

Taken from the bathroom window - too cold out!


Beautiful - dramatic!

La Lune

Then the wood came on Thursday, Dad & I stacked them in the shed - bit of a job!


Tomorrow, one last film of Devon, of a very special ram called Thomas. More on him then.

Emy xxx

No comments: