Friday, March 16, 2007

"I'm Concerned With Your Circumspection"

So said my Mum to my Dad, talking in her own version of English/Dutch about his little pop belly! (we're all putting on weight right now - it's the high life of the West) I think she meant circumference! What you have to understand with my mum is that she has invented her own dictionary - as in Half time during football matches is called 'Half term', Green & Blacks chocolate is called 'Black & Deccor' and the actor Jim Broadbent is known as Jim Broadband - oh God - and not to mention KT Turnstill is called KT Toadstool. Welcome to the bizarre world of my Mother - I love her!

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post - we had a great time at St Mawes celebrating the 4oth Anniversary, but we were shattered when we got home and it's taken us days to recover!

We were meant to be going back to London this coming Sunday but I've convinced my Dad to stay yet another week as I need to do more painting, so 24th March (the start of British summertime) is our date to go. So I'm very, very happy. Although the weather is changing drastically, for the last week we've had sunshine, but now they're forecasting 'Artic Conditions' Capital letters if you please lol! We may run out of logs for the fire but least the oil tank was refilled a week ago. Ah. Loads of sheep and lambs in the field opposite and I love watching the lambs prancing and dancing about - even the mum's join in!

Photos:

The flowers my Dad bought for my Mum - 40th Anniversary


The Hotel Trensanton, St Mawes, Cornwall

The view looking to the left from our balcony

The view straight ahead of St Anthony's Head

How the picture above looked from afar

And the view straight ahead to the left a bit out to sea

Our sitting room

My bedroom

My folk's bedroom

Definitely a room with a view!

St Mawes blue Ferry to Falmouth



Large Maritime Pines at the back

Large Tanker being towed in to Falmouth Port by barge

The black flag with the white cross is the Cornish flag

Boots to borrow from the hotel in case of wet conditions! Very thoughtful

The view of Falmouth from St Anthony's Head

Our balcony - it was all very Italian - prob cos it's owned by one!

Well, me - am getting fat again!

View of hotel - middle buildings


Strange morning clouds the next day

Plus the coast guard ship spraying out water for some reason!

View of St Mawes from the other side

A Cornish Herring Gull posing

Lovely chap!

Er, we did about 600 yards on hangovers!


Wild Violets growing on coast path

The sun was trying to come out

Really trying . . .

Made great photography though

No idea - sorry - pretty though

Splendid Dandelion

The cove

The other hotel we could have stayed at - although double the price - The Nare

Back to Devon and a beautiful sunset


Taken from speeding car!


Our three pines and cottage (dark) bottom middle

Sunset so vivid, the pond caught the reflection




A beautiful sky to come home too!

Now for a glass of wine.

Lots of love, Emy xxxxxxxx

No comments: