Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Can't Think Of A Title

Hey everyone, just a short one because I am very tired and emotionally drained.

The funeral was of course a sad affair and keeping in with the mood it rained afterwards. It was very moving and when the curtains closed on her coffin I felt at a loss and so alone and that was it - I'd never see her again in this life - it was so final.

The last few days since have been in a daze. Well, of course it has.

Today was the spreading of her ashes and it's strange to think that a person can be reduced to a pile of soot. It was just myself, my Dad & Mum and Dad's sister-in-law Jill. This I think was the hardest part today, the more upsetting. She was sacattered by my Dad via a small bronze jar around her oldest son's grave (my Dad's eldest brother and Jill's husband, who died in 1985). We laid some flowers and even though we could see the ashes on the grass by now I'm sure the wind would have taken them.

Sorry to be so sad. I just about promise you all that this would be the final post on the subject - even though I'll never forget her and the memories continue to flood into my mind - I keep seeing her face in the clouds in the sky, but I suppose that's normal.

Tonight we went out to dinner and drank a few too many drinks in her honour. And I'm guessing I'll have a slight hang-over tomorrow. Oh well, such is life.

A photograph tonight as a leaving gift - well, only until tomorrow perhaps - to tell you all that I'm back to my beloved West on Sunday for a good 6 weeks and here's a Summer Devon sunset - enjoy!


Emy xxxx xxx xxx xx x

No comments: