Monday, September 11, 2006

A Solo Show - I MUST Be Good!!!!!! (er, no comment)

Ok, it's me again and I'm back to the real world once more - well, kind of - as I have a solo exhibition this coming Saturday, at my friend Shirley's house in Blackheath (in fact a few doors down from our old house). It has been in the pipe line for ages and discussed over and over again, so I can't believe it's finally taking place. Yesterday all the family (well, Dad, Mum & me) went over to Shirl's to hang my work, all 21 canvases and had a lovely meal in her garden as it was THAT warm outside. And here are some pictures of her flat and my work:

Sitting room

On the hall wall, my 'West' series

The longest hallway in the country!

Going towards the sitting room

This is how my paintings look like up!

On friday night I was at KIAD doing the bar for the MA show, which I really enjoyed. The show was not bad, but the attendance down, which was a shame! I stood through the speechs, hiding at the back, when the words of thanks came about to Judith Rugg (Art Theory tutor), Richard Davies (head of MA) to all the technicians and the student reps and then my name was called out and I could have shrunk into the floor, everyone laughed as I gingerly, red faced made my way up to Laury who was giving the flowers to me and then disappeared back behind the lines. I really enjoyed helping them all out and because of that I've made some really good friends so the flowers weren't needed! Nice though. I had no dinner that night and just drank away the free wine, ending up at the bar and then a small party at my old warden's flat. Odd how these things turn out. I need to go back to KIAD on Thursday to get my tv back from Laury who borrowed it for her research space and then that will be it with KIAD and me for this year. I'll definitely go back next year for the Private Show, but I do feel I've outstayed my welcome somewhat, especially how Richard did his best to ignore me on Friday night.

Now it's really hot here, although rain forecast tomorrow.

And now for some links, as they went down so well last time:

Star Trek becomes up to date with special effects - Now, I'm not a fan, but I'm with the fans in this one, this is NOT needed, Star Trek has worked perfectly well without computer graphics and all that!

Paul McCartney again - his bitter, twisted lyrics over his failing marriage with Heather already written as early as a year ago. You fool Macca. Didn't everyone say she was wrong? Did you listen? Nope, of course you didn't.

Commercial Breaks and Beats - The UK Television Advert Music Database - OK, most adverts in this country are rubbish, but some do come with a catchy tune and I've always wanted to know how to find them - well, HERE IT IS!!!!! - I've got a feeling this is going to come in great use for one and all!

The Lonely Hearts Correspondence Club - This was sent through my 'Art jobs' emails and I'm not sure why it was, but it's a good idea, only for those who need it, which I'd like to say now that I don't - a site for people who need other like minded people to understand them and to write in and share their thoughts with others to feel better about themselves. It says exactly what it does in the title! The music is irritating!

That's all for today/tonight - I'm too hot to go on!

Emy xxx

3 comments:

tuckmac said...

Congrats on the show!

I LOVE your work being up! And your friends' "flat" is a great location for your work. She should buy it all, and have it up all over! I'm serious... her decor SCREAMS for your paintings!

Smiles,
T

Anonymous said...

Your work all looks so lovely! I hope it goes well for you. I bet you're ridiculously excited! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you've only posted at 7 and there're two comments up there already!!

I like all your paintings (they all look fabulous) and relly proud of you getting your solo show this Saturday, good luck and it's a shame that I cannot make it there!! :|

"The Lonely Hearts Correspondence Club", well I don't think you will ever need that at all, a gorgeous, smart girl like you... :)