Friday, September 15, 2006

Dark Skies Above and More of Shirley's Flat




The journey coming back to Canterbury yesterday with the storm clouds





Ok I feel like those dark clouds above. I’m getting a little nervous about tomorrow night – I saw Shirley again last night to make the final arrangements for the show and she said that a few people had seen the paintings, some liked but others and one in particular – a painter herself – wasn’t so impressed. Ok, I’m not a proper landscape painter or figurative and some people may think that I can’t do such things as that, but I can, I just chose not to, it doesn’t interest me or capture my imagination to paint things ‘real’, I would feel so un limited in my palette and ideas – to mix a perfect blue and then paint it next to a red excites and enthrals me, but to paint a tree green and a sky blue would bore me senseless – I feel I have freedom in what I’m doing and so desperately want to go back to my studio in Devon and keep painting. Soon, I hope, maybe mid October.

Wedding and party preparations!

Oh yes and a painting in her bathroom too

The title of my exhibition

Paintings definitely go with the decor now!


Of course a ground floor flat comes with a nice garden too


That long hallway again!

My films on the TV - do some recognise the trees?

Paintings from my previous solo show which I gave to Shirley as a present

I’m sorry if I upset anyone over my views on Steve Irwin yesterday – well, that’s kind of what a blog is for – to rant and rave on any given subject. I was greatly shocked over his death and how he died and I wouldn’t want to wish that on anyone, least of all him it’s just unfortunate coincidence that he died by one of his poor tormented animals. Oh well. RIP Steve; please send a message to your adoring fans to tell them to stop killing the sting- rays as revenge.

I discovered that one of my favourite bands ‘Underworld’ have released new tracks. BUT only to be downloaded – don’t you just hate things like that? Of course I did just that, coming from a girl who hasn’t ever downloaded anything like that outside of itunes. So if my laptop dies tonight, I know why, I’ve downloaded a corrupt file.

And then one thing that made me really unhappy today:

Discovering that over a million tonnes of raw sewage has been dumped into the River Thames, by accident they say, but still pretty bad, there has been only 20% oxygen in the water and the life it holds cannot survive., so a major clean up operation is taking place. Read full article here.

I’ve got the worst attack of the nerves today. Hot flushes and butterflies, palpitations and achy joints – what the hell is going to happen tomorrow? Will I sell anything? Have I over priced them or under priced? Am I professional enough to call myself an artist? I tell you one thing I was so happy to see my films again from last years MA, after 2 days of stress trying to burn them on DVD and failing miserably, to see them on Shirl’s wide screen TV made it all better! I had never made any films in my life before and to see what I achieved there made me happy and positive, then why can’t I be positive about my paintings too? Help springs to mind.

Ok, that’s all for today folks,

Emy xxx

No comments: