Monday, September 18, 2006

I Won't Be 26 For Much Longer (hint, hint)

Hey everyone, well, I survived Saturday night but had a ghastley hangover the next day, having drunk white wine all night and then shots of neat vodka. As one does. I didn't sell any work but I got a lot of interest, as in everyone was very impressed and really felt that I have a future as a painter. Well, that's a turn up. Even my Dad has started called me a mature, professional artist and is very proud of me, as I am of myself. There weren't many people there, but those who were all had a great time, and that's the most important thing.

I'm sitting here and the evening sun is on my face, which makes me feel happy. Tomorrow I'll be one year older and I need to do a playlist for myself on my ipod - I've tried teaching my folks, have tried teaching them everything from internet to microsoft word - but to no avail. Any Birthday or special occassion I put together a playlist and you would think by now my Dad could do the same on my Birthday - no such luck. I have a frightening 8500 songs on my ipod now and it's going to be pretty hard to chose ones for tomorrow - basically it's what has meant more to me in all my 27 years, the music I have loved best and continue to love and so definitely need some Beatles on that, bit of Jimi H and Mr Dylan and then on to Blur & Oasis to Radiohead, The Killers, Coldplay . . . to Air, Groove Armada, Bent to Boards of Canada and Susumu Yokota - it's going to be a LONG night. My Dad is cooking a special meal, as in I can't be anywhere near the kitchen while he 'creates' - he's good at that! And of course presents and cards in the morning - I'm very excited.

And on that note:

You are 80% Virgo


Very interesting.

Emy xxx

2 comments:

tuckmac said...

I saw over on "My Space" that you're about to celebrate/have celebrated your B-day!

Happy Birthday!

I LOVE B-Days... The drinking involved usually makes my day.

;-)

Fiona and I will have a pint or four in your honour.

Love ya!

-- T

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're catching up on me!!
A very HAPPY birthday to you (no that long to go now - less than an hour to go...), enjoy and have a good one!! :)