Monday, September 25, 2006

Detox day 1, YES YET AGAIN, 13 Days To Go

It's a grey evening - the weathe man got it wrong he said it'll be sunny - the rain has been on and off all day and unfortunately 'on' when we were walking back from the train station, we got soaked, even in weather proofs, the drips were pouring down our backs. We had gone to see my grandmother in Kings hospital in Denmark Hill as she was very ill with a chest infection but it sounds more like pneumonia to me. A week ago she had a stroke, but the doctors didn't pick it up and sent her home too early only to be back a few days later. We're all in mind, my Mum, my Dad (her son) and myself that it would be better if she died as she has no life. She can't walk or eat by herself, she can't in fact do anything by herself, yet her mind was clear as a bell yet she couldn't get any words out. Now she can't talk at all and even though she did acknowledge us she fell asleep a few minutes later. She is the last surviving member of a big family, 2 brothers and 6 sisters, the last of the Pasmore's and as she's the youngest, the last member. The only other Pasmore in existence is her brother's son but he's gay and so cannot continue the line. I find that very sad.

And in the grey skies tonight flies a chinook, round and round it goes - not quite sure why. I can understand the RAF using the free, open, wild space in Devon but over the roof tops of South East London? God knows. Anyone got any suggestions? Training yes, but over my house?! Madness.

And the grey skies signify 2 weeks of detox diet. I'm determined to lose the weight this time. Fit into 'all' my clothes and not just the odd few and go to places my Mum has promised to take me when I'm thinner - as in Holland (are you reading this Uncle Peter?) Mum has promised me to take me around her childhood places so expect us sometime one day! So this is Detox Day 1 - and already I have the tell tell signs of a detox headache and slight hunger looney thoughts - which I won't go into just yet.

Ok a few links to finish off with:

Yesterday a 5 month old baby was mauled and killed by her family's 2 Rottweilers, who dragged her onto the roof of her family's pub. Now her grandfather's partner has been stabbed to death, but police are saying it's a seperate incident. Both dogs have been destroyed. Good!
Read story here.

Allergory free cat goes on sale for £2,500
American born, is it really a cat?

And The Daily Mail's resident cartoonist Mac on an interesting subject

I laughed so much it hurt.

Emy xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiay, hope the 2nd day of your detox diet is going well... :)

Anonymous said...

hey this is weird, i left a comment earlier but on the frontpage, it still shows up as "0" comment, could this be a bug of Blogger.com...?! :)

Unknown said...

yep, it takes a while to come up.

Patience is a virture.

:) x

Anonymous said...

Hmm, spot a wook...
Patience is a "virtue" - note one down to Andy!! :)

Hope you're feeling better today...