Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Heat is Unbearable And The Football Has Ruined The Summer!

Yesterday was, by far, one of the most horrendous days in English history. Yet I didn't see it! I heard it echoing across Blackheath village, as my Mum, her neice Saskia and me had lunch in Cafe Rouge. My Dad was watching it at home and kept ringing and texting me throughout the match. And now David Beckham, very tearfully, has stepped down from being captain. I'm not sure if I feel a sense of release or a sense of disappointment, perhaps both equally.

My painting at my Mum's friend Yvonne's house (& I was paid too!)

Mary (Gollywogs rule!)

I don't take normal pictures of people anymore!

Teddy plays guitar . . .

We were a little drunk on neat gin!

Ditto

Ditto x 2

We took 100 of these type pictures, I like this one best!

Winsor - plane a little too close for comfort!

Chartwell (29 June)


Sir Winston Churchill and his Mrs Lady Clemy

The walled garden (the wall laid by Winston himself)

We saw this a few months ago, bare - what a difference the seasons make!


Iris (& what a beauty!)

The rose garden

The hillside

You can just about see the view

No more room on the only bench with the view!

Black swan (and a very naughty one at that!)

Highland Cow and Heron!

So now I'm just counting down the days until Devon (next Thurs - 6th July). And it's hot and unbearable, I need the cool inland breezes of Devon. 91F is predicted for Thursday in London and 80 in Devon.

Wow.

Emy xxxx

No comments: