Friday, July 14, 2006

The Combine & The Man in the Moon






Well, this has been a perfect day. Vivid blue sky - not a cloud in sight - sun and a gentle breeze. The farmers are working hard, the combine is cutting the fields - I do love this time of year, it's so exciting when the cutting starts, noise, dust filling the air as the combine goes up and down, followed by a tractor and trailer collecting the seed from the flute or creating the stacks and hay bales - you never feel alone, I was sunbathing in the garden when a New Holland tractor came past with a trailer of bales and gave me a friendly wave! Unfortunately we're going to miss the rest as we're off to Herefordshire tomorrow for a week and I'll be going off air, there wil be no internet connection in sight, so you'll have to wait until sunday week for anything to appear on my blog. But I'll be keeping a day diary and taking hundreds of pictures - I'll be keeping myself busy!

Go on WAVE!!!!!

Alright then, I get the picture!



It's going to be a scorcher of a week next week and I can't wait! Although already I have been bitten by a nasty horse fly who then met his maker when I swapped him (is that a word?!) and there are plenty of other blood sucking creatures about this time of year and I'm ready for them!

Yesterday I cleaned the car outside and in (only to find it's full of dust from the combine this afternoon) and my Dad and I did some gardening and then had some West Country Cider! I never liked Cider until a few years back, it's a lethal drink if you're not careful!

Cricket or Grasshopper?. . .Does anyone know? I get confused

Swallowtailed Moth

The stars were amazing last night and the moths and I watched the moon rise, a real harvest moon, but not full, it has been full now it's losing it's shape somewhat! A tawny owl was hooting in the woods and I spoke to an old school friend, Orla, who I hadn't spoken to in 8 years - well, you do lose in touch with people - and it felt like it were yesterday when we spoke, like the 8 years magically blown away! I do love when that happens!

Who put that tree there? Move away!



Wow, the man in the moon!

Ok, enjoy the photos and look forward to more. Lots of love to everyone and I hope everyone has a good week!

Emy xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks a lot like Kentucky, which I know it is of course not. But regardless, it is beautiful! It's wicked hot here too. Humid like crazy.

You know I've been wondering the same thing about the difference between grasshoppers and crickets. I have seen big huge ones lately, that fly around looking like butterflies. My boyfriend is terrified of them. I think the big ones are grasshoppers and the little ones that make all the nightly noise are crickets. Maybe? Haha.

Anyhoo...I'm Jackeigh and I like commeting. har har.

tuckmac said...

Grasshopper.

I think.

Pretty sure...

Well,

Yeah.

Anyhoo...

Smiles,
T