Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why I love the Sea

Oh yes!

5 reasons - though come to think of it there should be 5 more!

Reason number 1:

It's mans last great wilderness, we can pollute it & kill the life yes - but not all of it - it cannot be managed however hard we try & we can't control it!

Reason number 2:

It's the colour blue - my favourite colour - ok the colour is reflected from the sky, but still!

Reason number 3:

Every part of the sea is special, every cliff face, every wave is unique, so every photo I take is different - you can't get the same photo - the light is different, the wind blows in different directions - basically the sea in any which way is an individual so kind of links up with reason number 1 there lol

Reason number 4:

It's my one subject I love out of ALL to paint - I use the sand mixed with paint from the very beaches I walk across to view the sea - it has my usual straight horizon line that are depicted in my paintings so often - although the photos below are not straight only because the wind was so strong, could not keep the camera straight!

Reason number 5:

Living in London, all I had was the Channel or the North Sea further up - but here in Devon I have the rolling waves of the Atlantic, I have the gliding Gannets over the waves & the crying kittiwakes - the sea wildlife is so important & the coast of North Devon is incredibly important place, rich in it's life & diversity of all things wild!

This is Crookhaven beach in Bude, Cornwall - clean? Well no not really - but still beautiful!

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, I particularly like the close ups of the stormy waves and incredible light there too! A xx