Monday, November 24, 2008

Pressure, pressure, under so much pressure

I have 2 exhibition deadlines looming!

One is looming closer then the other - as in this coming Saturday. It's some Open North Devon Art event where 10 artists influenced by North Devon are chosen out of a panel of art type people for an exhibition at the Barnstable museum & they're looking for new artists, right up my street or down my lane, BUT oh it's so hard - I need 4 cracking paintings - just isn't happening!

The second is the New Work New Year show at Broomhill - where my North Devon Arts experience all started & really hasn't got me very far, but I'll keep plodding along & that's slightly better, the deadline for that is 6th December - I need 8 paintings for both shows combined - God 8, you know I hadn't counted them, god, that's worse - 8 cracking paintings!

So today I discovered I actually have no room, I have the total of around 15 canvases on the go - some I start then put away & come back to, others I acrylic over first & then wait until they've dried, others I give a thin layer of oil & let that dry over night so I can apply a second. Yes, all organised, all thought out. Hmmm - ME ORGANISED? You have the wrong person surely!!!!

I have actually run out of room! I lean finished paintings against everything - one I leaned against the wall & the second one I started off then I splattered paint over the first finished one *rolls eyes* I had nowhere to stand my jar of white spirit so I placed it on top of the third step of my small ladder, yep, I spilled it, it went up the wall & over a painting & to top it up I tripped over my floor covering & one of my paintings now as a print of my hand right in the middle! I get totally covered in paint usually, it's over my face, it's in my hair, over my hands & I wipe off the residue of oil paint on my brush on my trousered thigh (yep painting clothes) & when I come to take them off after a day of studio I find the paint has gone right through onto my legs & I look like I have a huge bruises - which I do ironically anyway as I'm so clumsy!

So I'm annoyed, frustrated, agitated, resemble a paint pot, stressed, under pressure, stiff, achy & now ranting on my blog!!!

Och well as Tucker would say, least there was a stunning red sunset tonight - red sky at night, shepherds delight???? PLEASE!!!!!! As the weather has been appalling!!!!

Emy x

No comments: