Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dear Roe . . .

Yesterday I tried my hardest to get out for a walk before it clouded over, but I was not successful! I couldn't get the Autumnal colours as even they looked dull in the gloom.

I wanted to see if I could see the Roe deer, but I got distracted by the 100 plus strong flock of finches & forgot all about the Roe. I continued my walk past the trees when I looked back to see the finches, so walked back the way I came to the side hedge & then remembered the deer & so peeped over the hedge & there she stood grazing at the opposite hedge! Now I know why I wanted this new camera so badly, the 18x zoom came into it's own - not the clearest of pictures but then I was hiding behind the hedge, no tripod & the light was dreadful!




She knew there was someone there


Yeah a pheasant!



And then Oooooo there is someone watching me!



The cottage in the background, the Roe bottom centre - literally wildlife on our doorstep!


What she looking at all the time???

Oh there are two!!!!



So after my chance encounter, after they had ran off across the fields & into the woods again I continued with my walk:


Still Red Campion blooming in the hedgerows

Male pheasant auditioning for Strictly Come Dancing - didn't he do well???



Bramble leaves turning in the hedgerows



A hole in the bark - woodpecker perhaps???


Lichen on the gate - clean air here in Devon!

Coat tit in the trees - very hard to photograph any bird!


Then I came home & within 30 minutes the heavens opened & it's been on & off raining ever since!

My mum over the last few weekends has been making puddings - pavlovas & this was her latest one last night - it was fantastic!

This was it rising in the oven!

To how it looked loaded with fruit & cream - mmmmm yum!


There's still lots left - so more tonight & then tomorrow I reckon a diet!!!!!

Emy xxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos from a lovely autumn walk there Emy! Amazing that the roe can be so close and you could be completely unaware of them! Mmmm that pavlova looks delicious :) A xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant photos of the deer, Emy.

The Pavlova looks pretty good! My mouth is watering!

Love C & co xx