Saturday, November 22, 2008

Deer Stalking & Ratty & Friends

Deer stalking? No no THAT deer stalking - deer stalking of a non death kind! Although I blew my cover from having a serious coughing fit! lol She saw me, the Roe knows! Or knew let's say! I haven't seen her since, not surprising, as I was a mere 300 yards from her & making this terrible choking noise!!!!


Cough cough, hack hack, choke, choke

Oh **** rumbled!

This little lady has a passion for standing on hedges - ok it gives her a better look out - but she sticks out like a sore thumb!



So to show you our 'ratty' slight problem - here are the rats I took photos of this morning who have a system of small tunnels & homes underneath both bird tables - I wasn't standing very far away but they knew I was there as they kept sniffing the air - that's Stella McCartney perfume you can smell I said to them! lol




Rat burrows in the hedge - I don't mind them in the hedge - rats LIVE in the hedge - if they stayed there I wouldn't have a problem, but they live under the bird table & yep live & let live & it's my fault they're here (well my dad who feeds the birds on the ground) but the sad fact of life, if they were wood mice or the enchanting bank voles I'd have no problem, but as they're rats I do - such a shame - it's just rats spread disease & hate myself for even admitting it as actually in truth they are totally adorable!!!!

Last week I saw my first moth since the end of Summer & no idea what it was - but it was lovely & I gave it a stroke & wished it the very best of luck!




Size matters! The moth alongside the daddy long leg or Crane fly!

And to end this first post (second for the day - wow - I'm flying! *wink*) let me leave you with our 'only' pets at the cottage - we used to have 30 plus but Mr Heron flew in & gobbled them all up - but 3 babies were left & my they've grown & this was a rare sighting to see all 3 together in the pond - no they have no names - would anyone like to name them? GH, B, A & C? I read your comments & send you hugs & kisses back every time xxxxx


xxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the deer and the fish, what on earth can you do about your rat problem. Have a pat on the back for your cough. GH

Anonymous said...

hehe love the deer on the hedge!! not quite so keen on the rats, nice photos though, they are very bold coming out during the day too! Any idea what the moth is? A xx