Thursday, November 06, 2008

Emy goes Birding

Well I don't have to go very far, this out into my garden, surrounded by fields, with my camera & hey presto birds on my doorstep!

It's been a good turn out so far, finches by the hundred - Greenfinches, Chaffinches, Goldfinches, the odd chirp of a Bullfinch & plenty of Yellow hammers! We have a resident Kestrel, a pair of buzzards & I've just seen a large heron sitting on the pine tree!


Yellow Hammer on the Lilac tree


Yellow hammer on the kitchen roof


I have never got to close to a Yellow hammer before!


Starling - the first one seen this Autumn on the nuts!


Kestrel in flight!


Kestrel on the telegraph pole


Chaffinch on the kitchen roof


Blue tit looking ever so cute


A banana shaped House Sparrow!


Blue tit on the nuts


I'm going to use this blog now for the wildlife in my garden & the clouds, sunsets & beautiful scenery of Devon through the seasons. I take so many photos of everything, this little blog will be bombarded soon!

As for my other blogs, I'll keep the Animals are our Equals going & my painting blog will have to wait in the wings - I've done a whole set of new paintings but alas I haven't photographed them yet!

So I am back here now & back to stay for good!

Emy xxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, great photos, Emy.

Miss you elsewhere though as I can't get the hang of FB!

Lots of love

C & co xx