Monday, November 17, 2008

Tap dancing along the Tamar

Well walking across a wind swept bridge over looking Tamar lakes & the dam - rather impressive for Cornwall, yeah, Cornwall - though the county of Devon a stones throw from the entrance. There's higher Tamar lakes & lower, but the lower road was flooded, so we took the high road & not the low! (there's a song in there somewhere!) Very freezing cold, windswept day but will definitely be back when the sun shines!








Holmleigh garden centre on the Devon/Cornwall border - 2 miles from Cornwall's first big town Launceston - the word bleak springs to mind, I don't think I've ever seen Launceston in the sunshine! It's a rather large garden centre & it now has highland cattle!








These were taken the weekend before last - still stunning Autumnal colour, even on a dull day! The wind has all but blown the last of the leaves away - it stays green for so long & even through October it's green & then suddenly the leaves change & they're gone! I find this time of year very sad myself - after a Summer of colour & then sudden rust & decay, then all gone, the trees are naked against the cold frost air of Winter - I actually feel sorry for them!








And our dear Roe, still here, even after the pheasant shooters & fox hunters of last weekend. I saw her again today standing on the hedge under the ash tree, I did take some photos, will post them here when they're off the camera! x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emy, I always enjoyed looking at your pictures and I still do. They're fantastic. B xx

Anonymous said...

Thats quite a spectacular place Emy! super photos, even a highland cow too! A xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning as always Emy. GH xxx